Part 12

The next day at school shocked everyone. Ryujin and Lia came to school wearing matching rings. Nobody knew about their engagement or confession so this was the biggest surprise of the year. Even though their locker areas were separated, they always found time to meet up in school, either at lunch, outside for a break or in the classroom doing work. One student even had the courage to ask Lia about it.

"Hey Lia. What's with the ring?"
"Oh, why, you don't like it?"
"No, it's pretty, but why are you wearing a ring?"
"I just felt like it." She smiled.
"Then why does Ryujin wear the same ring?"
Lia knew this kind of question would come up.
"Ryujin bought the ring first and I thought it looked nice so I asked where she bought and then I bought myself one."
"Okay then. Thanks."
Lia wondered if the student could tell whether she was lying or not but she didn't really care.

At the end of Physics class, it started raining. All the students decided to hanf out in the cafeteria while Ryujin and Lia decided to stay inside. There was noone around. Lia placed her head on her table to rest and looked at Ryujin. She smiled. Ryujin smiled back.

"Hey Lia, can I tell you something?" Ryujin whispered.
"Tell me."
"I love you." She whispered even softer. She came closer to Lia's face to give her a kiss on the cheek. Lia blushed.

"Yahh, warn me next time."
"No I won't." Ryujin teased.
Lia just laughed

And here was the big mistake.

The door of the classroom was wide open. Anyone could see what was going on. They couldn't necessarily hear and but it was obvious that Ryujin and Lia were together just by looking at them. And a student did see them. The worst part was that they took a picture of everything.

Later that afternoon, the students decided to post it on social media, so the whole school could see. Word spread quick. Everyone was shocked that the JinLia rumour was actually true. Some people found it adorable while some people felt jealous as they lost their opportunity to ask Lia out.

The next day in class, some students came up to them while they were eating lunch.

"So for how long have you two been dating?"

. . .

"What?" Ryujin choked.
Lia spat her water out.

HOW DID THEY KNOW?

"We're not too sure what you mean?" Ryujin tried defending themselves.

"Well surely you've looked at social media. There's a picture of Lia resting and smiling at you and you smiling back. The classroom was empty and it looked romantic. You two are definitely in love with each other.

"Oh well, we're childhood best friends." Lia stated. She wasn't wrong.

"Then explain the matching rings."

Lia used the same excuse as before. The students still didn't believe her.

"So you two aren't dating?"

"Does it look like it?" Ryujin asked. They both didn't agree or deny.

"Whatever, I guess you two aren't dating." They left quite annoyed.

Ryujin laughed. "Well we didn't accept or deny so it's okay."
"Yeah, I feel like they don't need to know about us. Feels nicer when it's private."
"Oh my God Lia."
"What?"
"You're my fiancé!"
"Not so loud!"
"Sorry, imagine marrying your first and only crush. Good job Ryujin, you're doing well." Ryujin kept on complementing herself.
"Ahh Jin." Lia sighed.

After school, they decided to walk around the park. They held hands and walked home instead of going with their driver. Their fathers were inside having lunch as they saw their daughters enter the house holding hands.

"This is new? You guys hold hands?" Mr Choi chuckled.
"Well, I mean, we're engaged." Lia said. Ryujin and Lia weren't ready to tell their fathers that they did actually love each other.
"It's good, it's good. Sit down for food."

The same evening, Lia decided to sleep over at Ryujin's. There was no school the next day so it was a good idea. Randomly, out of nowhere, Lia asked Ryujin,

"Hey Jin, can you be my girlfriend."
Ryujin turned to see Lia, made eye contact with her for a few seconds and said,
"No."
"Why not?" Lia looked confused.
"Because I'm already yours and I'm going to be your wife soon."
Lia blushed.
"You're my Jin."
"And you're my Jisu."

"I love you."
"I love you more."