Part 14

The next morning was a bright Saturday. Ryujin spend the morning playing video games. Other than spending time with Lia and studying, playing video games was one of her favourite things to do. It was about eleven in the morning when she heard a knock on the door. Her father came in.

"Hey Ryujin, we have guests coming for lunch."
"Okay, cool." She didn't care much.
"You'll have to cook."
"I do? Why me though, I'm tired."
"C'mon, it's Lia's family!"
Ryujin immediately got up.
"Why didn't you tell me earlier. I'll get started right away."
"You love her don't you?"
"You mean Lia?"
"Yeah who else."
"Yeah, I love her."
"Does she love you back?"
"She does." Ryujin smiled.
"Perfect, now go cook."

Ryujin made sure to prepare all of Lia's favourite foods. She managed to finish lunch about twenty minutes before they came. She took the last few minutes to make sure everything was perfect and went back to her video games.

After a few minutes, the doorbell rang and Ryujin quickly scattered downstairs. She felt a bit sad that she couldn't clean her room up a bit before Lia saw what a mess it was.

"Hi Mr Choi, Mrs Choi, hi Lia." She smiled brightly.
"Aww, how cute of you opening the door!" Lia's mother said.
"Of course, please come in."

"Welcome welcome!" Ryujin's father greeted them. "I'll get some drinks before we eat lunch. Ryujin prepared lunch today and was especially excited after hearing Lia was coming."
Ryujin blushed a bit and looked at Lia. Lia cutely smiled back. They went up to Ryujin's room and she shamefully opened the door.

"I haven't cleaned my room in a long time okay."
"I won't judge. Don't worry."
She opened the door to find an extremely messy room. The bed was roughly made. There was a can of soda and an opened bag of peperos on her desk. There was a controller on the desk too along with some random books opened. The only thing organised was her shelf. It had some albums from groups she supported, video game cases and some pictures. There was a picture of her and her parents and lots of pictures of Ryujin as a child, playing with Lia. There was also some current pictures of Ryujin and Lia. Even one from their engagement. Besides her bed was a Polaroid picture set of both of them and a card Lia made for Ryujin.

"Aww there's so many pictures of us."
"Well of course there is." Ryujin smiled.
"Your room is a mess but it's a nice kind of mess."
"Thanks? I guess?"
"It's a compliment." Lia said as she wrapped an arm around her.
"So you were excited to make lunch for me."
"I was quite excited, I made all your favourite foods."
"You know you're the best Jin."
"I know." Ryujin smirked.

Her father called them down for lunch. Lia couldn't wait to eat Ryujin's cooking again.

Ryujin pulled the chair out for Lia and sat next to her. Lia's whole family was amazed by how good the food was.

"You made this Ryujin! This is beyond my expectation! How did you get this good!" Mr Choi was in awe. So was Mrs Choi.
"I just have a good taste taster." And looked at Lia.
"Jin has always been amazing at cooking though. I even remember those hotdogs you made for us when we went to camp all those years ago."
Her parents were shocked. She remembered something that happened that long ago?
"You remember Lia?"
"Yes, of course I do."
They just smiled. Thanks to the photo album she saw a while back, a lot of old memories came back.

The two went back upstairs for a while.

"I still want to apologise." Lia said while looking ashamed.
"Why?"
"Yesterday-"
"I forgot about that already." Ryujin smiled. "Don't think about it at all, you know I know that you didn't mean anything."
"Always remember I love you Jin."
"And you always remember I love you more than you can imagine."

Ryujin was called downstairs to set up the tea table.

"Give me 5 minutes, I'll be back!" She got up and went downstairs.

Lia walked around Ryujin's room, looking at the photos and albums on her shelf. A pile of paper caught her eye.  When Ryujin flung the door open, the pile of papers flew everywhere. She troubled by it. She didn't want Lia reading those papers.

"I'll help you pick them up."
"No Lia, you really don't have to!"
Lia stepped back. She understood Ryujin didn't want her reading those papers.