Part 19

A few weeks later

As time went on, nothing much happened. Lia and Ryujin's married was being planned and everything seemed to be going well. The Shin and Choi business was growing, everything seemed stable.

"Where are you going Jin?" Lia said as she turned to her. Ryujin was wearing her shoes and opening the door.
"Oh I forgot to tell you! I'm going to do my driving test, for the licence."
"Do you want me to come?"
"It's alright, you have a class meeting anyway right."
"Mhm, stay safe okay? I love you!"
Ryujin gave Lia a smile.

Lia could tell something was wrong. Ryujin's smile seemed a bit off and almost seemed sad. She tried to not think about it and went back to her work. So much work!

Ryujin sat in the taxi to get to the place. She rested her head on the window and looked out into the sky. The sky was very a dim night blue. Tears started rolling down her face. She knew something was going to happen to her. She quickly dialed Lia.

"Jin?"
"Lia."
"What's wrong?"
"I want you to always remember that I love you."
"I know that, I want you to always remember that I love you more."
"You won't ever be angry with me right?"
"Why?"
"Just tell me."
"What's going on Jin?"
"Yes or no."
"I won't be angry."
"Thank you Lia."
"Hey Ryujin why What's wro-"
Ryujin cut the call.

Ryujin always hated herself. She could never express herself and was never satisfied with her life. She loved Lia, she loved her father but she felt like she never found true happiness. All her happiness and good memories came from Lia. Lia was her life. She always thought that Lia deserved better. Much better. Her mental state and feelings became terrible over the last few years. She always thought of giving up. She felf too much pain. She called Lia again.

"Lia!"
"Jin what's wrong please tell me!"
"Will you always stay by my side?"
"Of course I will, I promise you, forever."
"Choi Jisu, I love y-"

Silence.

....

"Ryujin? Hello? Are you okay? Jin, please say something. Hello? Hello!!"

....

Police and ambulance sounds could be heard as they gathered around the incident.

There was a car crash. The car had slid and fell off one part of the road. Two bodies were on the road. The driver's and Ryujin's.

They were rushed to the hospital. Lia and their fathers rushed to the hospital after thd police informed them.

They waited for a few hours until a doctor came out of the room.

"Mr Shin, Choi and Lia."
"Please tell me my daughter is fine! Please!" Mr Shin pleaded.

--------------------------------------------
Flashback

"Hey Lia, that's not sugar! It's salt!" Ryujin exclaimed as she saw her girlfriend chuck a spoon of salt in the cake batter.
"OH!" Lia quickly panicked and tried to fix her mistake. She accidentally knocked over the pan and spilled everything on the floor. Ryujin rushed to clean the mess. So much chaos in one kitchen.

It was Lia's father's birthday so they wanted to bake a cake for him.

"Aww Jisu, how about I help you out?" Ryujin said as she patted her girlfriend's head.
"Okay, better." Lia pouted cutely make Ryujin squish her cheeks. She laughed.
"Okay let's start again."

--------------------------------------------

This was one of Lia's favourite memory with Ryujin.