31. The Truth

Chris

I could kill him, that piece of shit. He's the one that gave her that note I just fucking know it. I would have killed him too, if I didn't hurt her. My anger got the best of me and now she knows I'm the one who found her, I honestly don't know how she is going to take it.

I go to grab her hand so we can leave and I can explain everything to her. But the image of me hurting her accident or not, makes me sick to my stomach. I feel a hand grab mine and I look at her, but I quickly look away as we start walking out of the building and off campus.

"Hey look at me Chris."

When I finally look at her there is a sad smile, and I put it there.

"I'm fine okay. I am definitely tougher than I may look."

My fingertips brush her cheek, and I love how her eyes flutter. "You're one of the strongest woman I know Spitfire. I'm sorry." I hang my head again, I never ever want to hurt my girl. She smacks me on the chest and I look at her stunned, as she rolls her eyes. "Please that was a fucking love tap." She winks at me and starts walking away.

I jog up to her and grab her by the waist as she squeals. "I'll show you a love tap." I pin her up against my car and my lips hover over hers. I see her chest rising and falling. "Tap" I tap her on her nose and open the passenger door for her.

"You are a jackass!"

She goes to get in the car. "Hey Spitfire." When she turns to glare at me I catch her off guard and crash my lips to hers. I pull back and we both catch our breath and she smiles, which steals my breath all over again.

"I like that love tap sugar." She giggles but then she looks at my knuckles and there is no playfulness anymore. "Take me home Chris and tell me everything." I nod my head and wait until she is seated and shut her door. I take my time getting into my side and sigh before I start the car and head off to her place. I glance at her as she stares out the window. I never wanted have to relive that day, I guess I have no choice now. I place my hand on hers and give it a light squeeze.

My grip on the steering wheel tightens as I think of that day. I should have stopped her from going home that day. My foot hit the accelerator while my thoughts run wild.

"Hey."

I turn to look at for a quick moment.

"Everything is fine Chris." She gives my hand a squeeze.

"I know Spitfire." I slow down my speed.

Help me!

Those two words still haunt my dreams at night sometimes. I pull into her driveway and cut the engine. She exits the car and I just sit there in my own world until a knock on my window. My girl gives me a sad smile as she opens my door and I get out. I pull her to me and bury my head in the crook of her neck. Just breathing in her scent.

She's here... she's fine.

I take a deep breath and pull back as we walk into her house, I head straight to the couch and bury my face I my hands. I feel her pulls my fingers where my fingers are spread open and I see a smile on her face.

"Peek a boo." Her smile brightens and I pull my hands away from my face shaking my head and laughing. I pull her on my lap and kiss her nose.

"Tell me what happened please Chris."

She scoots off my lap to sit next to me and takes my hands that are shaking.

Flashback