37. Darkness Consumes Us

Chris

Darkness fills my soul. I failed her and now I'm stuck in this darkness with no way to escape. If I could I would go through the depths of hell for her.

"Fuck!" I cry out because I feel so helpless and this is all my fault. The emptiness consumes me even more as I struggle to resurface.

"Chris you jackass! Stop wallowing in self pity and get your ass up."

I turn around and there she is, my Goddess before me. With her hands on her hips glaring at me.

"I'm fucking trying Stace!"

She shakes her head,strides right up to me and grips my chin harshly.

"That's not my name jackass."

"Spitfire"

The smile that spreads across her face warms my heart. Is my heart even still beating. Panic floods my mind, I can't be dead.

"You will be if you don't get your ass up." Her eyes plead with me. "You need to fight Chris. Stay with me baby, can you do that?"

I nod my head as I get up on my hands and knees, panting. This shit really hurts, I feel like I'm going to collapse.

"You can do it Chris. I'm not going to let you die. Just like when you saved me all those years ago."

I feel like a ton of bricks is holding me down. I let out a strangle cry as I slowly stand to my feet.

"That's it baby. A little bit more. You got this Chris."

Once I stand my body feels shakey and I wobble a little bit.

"I knew you could do it baby. I love you so much Chris."

She places her lips to mine and I can taste the tears on her lips.

"Now wake up jackass."

My eyes flutter open and I hear a small gasp. I blink trying to get everything in focus. I'm confused because I saw Dom take my girl.

"Oh thank God you are okay. The Ambulance is on it's way."

"What are you doing here?"

"Don't worry about that now. I'll take care of you until help arrives."

I fight to keep my eyes open but they close again.

"Stay with me Chris"

Is the last thing I hear before darkness consumes me again.

Stacy

"Chris!"

I yell and scream from the top of my lungs, as Dominic drags me away. Panic fills my body as he slumps to the ground,. There was just so much blood. I hit and kick at Dom as he carries me away.

With the way I am yelling and screaming, I'm surprised no one is around to stop this pyschopath.

"Shut up Red!" He snarls at me.

"Fuck you!"

I bite onto his shoulder hard and he yelps out in pain, as he throws me into the trunk of the car.

"No! No! No!" I cry out as the trunk door slam shuts. My head throbs as I hit it hard when he threw me in. My heart starts racing, I will not let him do this to me again. I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

"I'm right here baby."

"Chris!"

"Who else Spitfire?" He gives me that gorgeous smile. The one I have always loved, even since we were in high school.

"But you're hurt. That bastard hurt you!" I look around but all there is darkness. It consumes us and he is the only thing I see.

"I'm fine love, see." He tilts my chin after I look at his body. "Spitfire you need to fight. You hear me." I nod my head. "I'm serious Spitfire, fight don't give up. Fight because I can't be here with you."

"What the hell do you mean?"

But he disappears as the trunk opens and light blinds me. I see Dom looming over me. I bend my knees and kick as hard as I can. Dom stumbles back as I struggle to get out. I manage to get out and start running.

"Damn it Red!" I do not even look behind me as I keep running, but I do not make it far before he catches me. "Don't tempt me Red. One phone call and your fuck boy is dead."

I freeze on the spot. "Good girl, one phone call and your lover boy is good as dead." I look at him confused and he lets out a evil laugh. "Did you really think I was working alone?"

My lip trembles and my body shakes. "You did, didn't you." He laughs again and shakes his head. "You stupid, stupid girl." He grabs me by the hair and drags me to a house in the middle of nowhere.

Great I'm screwed now. I'm good as dead.

"Fight Spitfire." His voice resonates in my head. I begin to struggle against Dominic. "One phone call Red." He glares at me. Bullshit! He has to be lying.

When Dom pushes me inside I stumble and hit the ground.

"Why are you doing this Dom?"

He stalks towards me and I scoot back. The craze look in his eyes like I have never seen before.

"Because I lost three fucking years because of you!" He screams, and my blood boils. "Are fucking serious Dom? You almost killed me!" I stand up and slam my hands against his chest. "You fucking stabbed Chris!" He shakes his head, "No you're mine Red. After everything I still love you."

"You're fucking crazy! I lost my child b cause of you!" I take swing and hit him square in the jaw. "You tormented me long enough!" I push him as hard as I can. I take off towards what I assume is the kitchen hoping there is a back door. Luckily I am correct but again not fast enough as he knocks me into the counter.

"If I can't have you no one will!"

He raises his hand to strike me but I turn around quickly and grab the first thing ready to fight. But the blow never comes, instead he swings me around. That was his biggest mistake because I grip the knife in my hand and it gets pushed into his stomach.

He looks down at the knife then at me, stunned. He pulls the knife out and the blood gushes out. I must have hit something major because his face begins to pale.

"Why Red? You are my Queen." I shake my head as tears fall down.

"I never was or you wouldn't have done what you did to me."

He grabs the knife again and I step back but he looks at it than me and collapses. I scream because I have never witnessed anything like this before.

When he doesn't move, I bend down and check to see if he is breathing. Kicking the knife away from him of course. He's not breathing, I stumble back and hyperventilate.

Darkness threatens to consume me and my last thoughts are hoping Chris is okay, and that I just killed some one.

How the hell am I going to recover from that?