36. I Failed You

Stacy

"Come on Spitfire. He doesn't own you; you do know that don't you. Hell, you two are not even together?" I roll my eyes; I mean I know he's right, but I have been ignoring my friends and that's not right. Dom just gets jealous easily and I do not like when he gets that way. I sigh as I look at one of my closest friends with his outstretch hand.

"I know that Chris, it's just I don't want to fight with him or any of you, okay. Please do not make me choose." I really like Dominic; it's just my friends don't see how he acts around just me. I see the hurt look in his eyes and now I feel like shit, but then he smiles. I know he does it to hide his emotions, but I do not say anything and put my hand in his. I almost pull my hand away when a shock goes through my hand and tingles my fingers.

What the hell is this boy made up of static electricity. I shake the uneasiness out of my head, as Chris tugs on my hand. "Come on Spitfire I want to show you something." We do not say anything else as he interlocks our fingers, and we walk up the hill past the park. Once we get there he sits down and tugs on my hand to do the same.

"What are we doing here Chris?"

Not that I am complaining because it is beautiful. There is a pond at the bottom of the hill where the forest is in the background. With the sun starting to set it looks beautiful.

"I come here to think a lot. It's my place to feel calm when there is a storm brewing in here." He taps at his head. He turns to look at me and pushes the hair out of my face with an intense look in his eyes. "Stacy" I frown at him using my name, I don't understand that or why it bothers me so much. He grabs my hands and stares in my eyes, why does his eyes have to be so intense? "We are good friends, right?"

I nod my head because he is one of my closest friends. "Of course," I smile at him, and he gives me that smile that girls swoon over. "Then don't hate me when I say this. It has been bothering me for the last couple of days. Dominic is bad news Spitfire." I cross my arms and huff out a breath. "You don't know him, Chris." He shakes his head and gives me a sad smile. "I do know, and you deserve a hell of a lot better." He leans closer to me, and I swear I feel like he is going to kiss me, but that can't be right."

"Spitfire...babe." I pull out of my thoughts. I do not know what made me think of that particular moment right now. But I feel a knuckle caress my cheek and those sparks are there again. My eyes flutter open and I see his captivating eyes looking at me worriedly. He goes to pull his hand away, but I stop him. I suck in a sharp breath when I think back to everything since I met Chris, no matter how much things have gone south lately, he has been there for me always.

Why the hell do I feel so nervous?

"Please forgive me Spitfire. I fucking love you." He falls to his knees and hugs my waist. I feel his body shake as my body shakes as well. " I know I failed you, I promised I would never hurt you and I did." he looks up at me and tear runs down his cheek and I feel my own tears spill.

"You hurt me Chris, so bad." I look down at his eyes, he is about to say something, but I stop him. "But I understand why you overreacted. I know damn well I would have thought the same, but I would have kicked her ass and made sure to hurt you where you wouldn't be able to use your dick for a while." His lips twitch and he lets out a small chuckle as he stands up cupping my face. "I would have deserved it Spitfire. I am just so sorry I wasn't there for you." He looks down at my stomach and he chokes on a sob, "and our child."

He shakes his head and steps back from me. I can see the anger in his eyes. "I swear to God when I find out who did this, I will kill them." I walk up to him and do not say anything and press my lips to his. He relaxes against me and pulls me tighter to him and deepens the kiss. God, I have missed this, and I have missed him. When we pull away, he rests his head on my forehead. "Where does this leave us Spitfire?" He asks me nervously and I bite my bottom lip. I want to believe this will not happen again, but I am afraid.

*Come on let's be realistic here. You cannot tell me that any of you ladies would have doubts after that shit. *

I step away from him and close my eyes. "I don't know Chris. I will always wonder if you think I'm cheating on you." He shakes his head vigorously. "I won't I promise." He grabs my hands and kisses them as I close my eyes. I think back and remember everything me and Chris have been through the years. All the laughter, arguments, teasing and sometimes now that I think about it, flirting we did. I open my eyes and I know now that he has always been there for me...well except for those three years. But that was neither of our doing.

I sigh and whisper, "Why couldn't I've just been with you back then. Then none of this would have happened."

Chris sighs and strokes my cheek. " I don't know love. You were one of my closest friends and it hurt losing you and it will kill me if I lose you now, for my idiotic jealous act. It literally almost killed me with what I thought when I walked into my room. Hell, I can't even sleep in there anymore. I just want to burn that room down." I give him a confused look.

Am I missing something here?

He lets out a breath and explains. "After you were in the hospital." his voice begins to shake, and I pull him into a hug. He buries his face in the crook of my neck. "I came back to my room and there was blood on my bed." I feel the tears as he breathes heavier. "Someone hurt you and I wasn't there yet again to save you, or our b-baby. Then I f-fuck it up worse b-by l-leaving. If I was there maybe I could have..." I do not let him finish as I move back and look at him shaking my head. He is hurting just as bad as I am, and I was being too selfish to realize it. I crash my lips to his. I may be hurt but he is hurting too, and I do not want to lose him. Jaxon's words play in my head, and he is right. Life is too short to hold onto grudges, regrets and everything that could keep us apart.

"I love you, Chris." I whisper into the kiss, and I feel the smile on his lips. "I love you so much Spitfire." he plants kisses all over my face and I can't help but giggle. "Are we making up?" he asks me with a hopeful look, and I can't help but smile and nod my head.

"Oh, thank fuck! I would have groveled some more if I had too."

I laugh again, and it feels good to laugh again. "Make up sex is good too." I give him a wink and he gives me a heated look that makes me already soaking wet. He pulls his shirt over his head and starts tugging on my shirt. "Well darling, we have weeks of making up to do." I moan before he even touches me.

But unfortunately for us we never got to that because the doors burst open and there stands none other than the asshole himself.

"This was not supposed to happen!" he shouts, and Chris pulls me behind him, because this lunatic has a crazy look in his eyes. "Red is MINE!!"

"Run Spitfire" he whispers to me, but I shake my head against his back. "I'm not running Chris."

Chris

I will not let this motherfucker get near her. He has done way too much damage to her as it is.

"Get the fuck out of here!" I take a step forward, my whole body shaking with rage. "Or what dipshit! I did everything to keep you two apart and nothing worked! You two were fucking behind my back weren't you!" He stares daggers at my girl. She shakes her head, "I don't cheat." He throws his head back and laughs. "Oh, but you do. because I had you that night." I don't let him finish what he is saying as I go to tackle him. But when I get him to the ground, I feel a sharp pain. "She's MINE!!!" I feel another sharp pain and then I hear Stacy scream. I try to get up, but I feel dizzy.

"CHRIS!!!"

I see Dominic dragging the love of my life away as I stumble to get to her.

"STACY!!!!"

I get up and stagger and everything starts to go black. I feel the tears roll down my face and my last thought before I pass out is that I failed her.