49. One Last Time

Growing up is both exciting and draining at the same time. I never pictured myself as settling down, being married, and now having a family. But the reality of it all is I wouldn't trade it for anything. Next week is my appointment to see if I can be fertilized with Jaxon and Lucas sperm. I laugh everytime my dear husband cringes.

Husband it's still weird to say, but I love it.

"C'mon Spitfire, are you ready yet?"

"Don't get your panties all twisted up." I smirk as I finish applying my lipstick.

We decided to go out one last time before things become chaotic again.

"You did not..." He leans against the door and lets out a breath. "Holy shit woman! You look gorgeous babe."

He strides up and pulls me up to his chest. I look up and into his eyes. "Don't I always look good?" I quirk an eyebrow up at him.

"Always." He leans down and kisses me and I throw my arms around his neck.

Yep this man makes me deliriously happy. I smile into the kiss, but he pulls away and scowls.

"Damn it woman you got me distracted, I forgot why I came up here in the first place."

I tilt my head to the side and laugh. "Oh and why's that?"

"Oh forget it. Don't want to waste our alone time together. Let's go." He grabs my hand as I reach for my purse.

"Where are you taking me?"

"A surprise. One you will definitely love, Spitfire."

I hum and try to contain my excitement. He always seems to amaze me with all he does for me. He helps me into the car and then gets in the driver seat.

"I hope Mikey has fun with dad." As much as I'm excited for our alone time, I miss my little man. Chris brings my hand to his lips, and softly kisses my knuckles. "He will, love, he loves his grandpa." I nod my head in agreement as he starts to drive.

We pass the busy streets and out of the city and my curiosity grows.

"Where are going?"

"Almost there."

Once I look at our surroundings, a smile plays on my lips. We have been here a couple of times. Once he parks I get out of the car and stare at the view. The hillside overlooks the city and when I turn around I see the blanket with a basket that Chris is pulling finger foods and drinks. He stretches out his hand, and I gladly take it. As I sit down I place a kiss on his cheek.

"I thought something simple for now."

"This is wonderful sugar."

He brings a grape to my mouth and I can't help but lap my tongue around his fingers as well. A deep growl comes up from the back of his throat and I giggle.

"You'll be the death of me Spitfire." I turn my head towards him and he smiles that cheeky smile. "But it will be one hell of a way to go." He kisses my lips and laugh when some of the grape squirts in his mouth. He pulls away and licks his lips. "You always taste delicious." I can't help but laugh yet again, as I sink back against his chest. He keeps feeding me from his little box of wonders.

After we snack on the food Chris grabs his phone and turns on some music as he grabs my hand. We sway to the music as we look out at the light in the distance. "Things are going to get crazy from here." I look up at my husband again and hum, I'm so content right now in his arms. "We will not have time for a lot of things for ourselves."

"That is true." He brush some hair out of my face and gives me that devious smirk. "That's why for one last time I called Trent." My eyes light up and I swat his chest. "I knew you liked it just as much as I did." His face lights up and his cheeks heat up.