Bowls and Bullets

"Child."

Life's warm smile greeted Error at the door.

"Morning, Life."

"Come in, dear," She stepped aside, allowing the skeleton to enter.

Stepping inside, Error noticed that Life had set a small shot glass of a neon green liquid on the table, and also on the table was the tell-tale bottle of half-drank whiskey.

"Four's here?" Error asked, unzipping his hoodie like Life had gestured for him to do.

"Yes, he'll be taking you for training after." She replied.

"Okay." He tugged off his shirt.

"I see that your ribs are healing," She pressed her palms together, and pulled them apart with swirling green magic dancing in each hand. She pushed her palms forth, in front of Error's ribs, not quite touching them. "I shall suppose you'll not need many more healing sessions... perhaps once more tomorrow? The rest will heal with time, and some medicine that I will supply."

"So I don't have to come here for a week like you said?"

Life paused, "Well, it seems that may not be convenient for our superiors." She smiled with undeniably false sweetness, retracting her hands and clutching one over the other. "Now, I shall ask you to please take your medicine." She gestured to the neon green liquid that resembled something rather hazardous.

"Our superiors?" Error almost laughed, "Aren't you sorta up there with them?" He picked up the shot glass and drained it quickly, the tasteless yet warm liquid slipping down his throat.

She glanced at the kitchen doorway before speaking. "The Order has three rankings- The Minor Gods, and then the two segments of the Trinity- Four and Alpha, and on top, King Multiverse. I am not the King, I am not Four, nor Alpha, so where does that leave me?"

"Minor God, I suppose." By now, Error had put on both his shirt and hoodie.

"Indeed. I am the Goddess of Life, child, just as you are the God of Destruction and are a minor God. But I am older, and dare I say wiser, than Four and Alpha. Naturally the King allows me access to most of the Trinity's happenings, but..." She drifted off, her eyes trailing off to the kitchen door again.

Four was leaning there, arms crossed. "Everything alright?"

"Yes, I was just telling him that I figure he shall be fit for regular duties after tomorrow." She cleared her throat, beaming radiantly at Four.

"Good. King's orders, so I doubt you'd have much choice in the matter." He pushed off the doorway and stalked over.

"Are we leaving now?"

"Unless Life has anything more to discuss with you."

"No," Life quickly replied, cheerily, "No, I believe that is all."

"Then let's go, Error."

**

"Estás siendo irrazonable!"

"Okay!" Jael cried, "Pero solo porque Chara preguntó por ti."

Cross sighed, clasping his hands together, "Finalmente! Gracias," He slipped through the open door, well aware his mother was still behind him.

In the hospital bed lay Chara, eyes open. He moved his pale head slightly in Cross' direction. "Cross!" His voice was hoarse and quiet, yet Cross was still able to pick up the genuine excitement that came from it.

"Chara!" He sat down and grabbed the pale boy's hand, "I'm so glad that you're awake-"

"Alpha," Chara breathed, "Alpha, where's Alpha?"