Feeling Like We'd Rather Not Feel at All

Hi guys! Just wanted to thank you for all the votes and comments on the last chapter! Nice to see the support coming back into this. I appreciate every comment you guys left <3

Beware. I'm editing and uploading this at 11pm. If there are mistakes just point them out and i'll deal with it later lmao.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was as if the shower head had actually began spouting out blood.

Smelling strongly of blended copper and iron, the cold water swirled down the drain beside Error's feet. For the longest time, he stood with his arms on the wall, head bent down as he allowed the water to wash over his wounded shoulder.

Although the temperature left him shivering, he'd tried hot water- but the steam had carried the metallic scent of remorse up to his nose.

At least the cold water was soothing to the burning that the wound caused.

Eventually, he stopped the shower- just in time to hear aggressive pounding at his front door. Sighing, Error pulled a towel over his face, rubbing harshly.

By the time he'd got to the door, dressed in only a pair of shorts, Cross was about ready to recreate The Shining, knife poised.

Ink pushed through first. "Let me see," He demanded immediately.

Cross closed the door behind them, and set on the table the wooden box with the leaf on the front. Error didn't notice this, as Ink was now commanding him to bend down so that he could see his shoulder properly.

"It's not even really bleeding anymore."

"No, but that doesn't make it okay!" Ink huffed, "Let's go sit down."

Ink had begun healing Error before they'd even properly made it into the next room. Falling down onto the sofa, Error muttered, "I don't need help."

Cross still hadn't said anything, loitering in the doorway.

"So, tell me then!" Ink begged, "What happened?"

"I was just... Out doing my job. And some of those Divinity Seeker people were there."

"How many?"

"Seven."

"And they're dead?"

"All of them."

While he wasn't particularly comfortable, the healing magic did help Error relax into the sofa slightly.

"And, you know-" Ink looked down, "I'm sorry. For earlier."

"No, it's okay. I didn't mean to get mad, I'm just-" Error cut himself off.

"Just what?"

"Just..."

"You aren't really feeling better yet?"

"What do you mean?" Error narrowed his eyes.

"From that breakdown you had," Ink replied simply.

"No." Error suddenly pushed himself back, and off the sofa, "No, I'm fine."

"I'm just saying, maybe you're still a bit... you know, fragile!"

Cross winced. "Can I talk to you for a second, Ink?"

"I am not," Error hissed, "Fragile."

"Uh," Ink hesitated, "One second, Error."

Error stormed out of the room.

"Ink." Cross folded his arms.