Creation Meets Destruction

Ink was vaguely aware of his phone ringing, but in his half asleep state, he ignored it until it eventually stopped. But then it rang again, so the artist groaned and grabbed it, blindly answering it. "What?"

"Get up, we're at work today." Cross' voice said.

"...It's Sunday." Ink said, sitting up.

"Yeah, they need two extra people."

Ink groaned. "Seriously? Ugh... Okay, I'll see you in a bit..."  It's not like Ink had a problem with his job, it was more to do with the fact that it was Sunday morning and he should still be asleep.

Finally dragging himself out of bed, the tired skeleton made his way to his kitchen to get something to eat. He chose an apple, crunching on it while checking all the notifications on his phone. 

After about twenty minutes, Ink was finally ready to leave and was heading out the front door. It was only 8:30, and there was no one on the roads, or on the pavements. It was a relatively peaceful walk, the morning was bright and warm, unlike the storm that previously hung over the area. For some reason, Ink had a good feeling about today, even though he'd been called into work on his day off. He was just feeling positive about the day ahead of him, the studio was always quiet on a Sunday, so he and his workmates would always mess around until customers arrived. 

Yeah, it was gonna be a good day.

And then Ink's phone buzzed. A text from someone called 'Alpha'.

A: It would probably be a good idea if you actually did your job, you know.

Ink was confused. He did do his job, he checked the universes yesterday, Destruction didn't do anything.

I: What do you mean?

A: Destruction messed up another universe. It's too late for you to do anything now, Glitch and Reaper have already done the reaping and reviving.

I: What? No, everything was fine!

A: Destruction deliberately left the main code alone so that you wouldn't notice straight away. Maybe you should pay more attention next time.

I: I will.

A: You'd better.

Ink sighed, his good mood fractured slightly.

**

"Wait, really?"

"Yup. I don't know what he looked like, or if Dream even meant to say Destruction, but he said it."

Cross and Ink were sat in the break room of the studio. The studio opened at 9am, and it was currently 8:55.

"Well, I'm not allowed to know anyway." Ink said, walking out of the room, "Come help me open this place, then! Isn't anyone else here yet?" Ink asked.

"Nope. Anyway, you're gonna hate this, we're mentoring next week." Cross said grimly. 

"What? Why us?" Ink huffed.

"It's not just us, It's me, you, Phoenix and Ashley." Cross said.

Ashley was a fairly short woman. She had pale red skin, and had more piercings than Cross and Ink could count, her makeup was always extreme (but done very well) and she often wore huge heels to make herself taller. The tattoos that involved anything Satanic were always handed to her, since she was... well, she was a Satanist, and no one else wanted to do them. The fact that she was mentoring made Ink laugh a bit, because all the trainee tattoo artists were always scared of her. She wasn't exactly threatening on the inside, just on the outside.