"We'll Regret This In The Morning."

The rest of the week passed without anything particularly interesting happening. Ink and Error found themselves texting until stupid hours into the morning, and only going to sleep when one of them would point out that the other's typing was getting bad. Nightmare and Reaper had asked a few questions about Ink, but didn't push too hard. Of course they were interested, but felt that harassing Error would get them no answers and an angry skeleton. However, Cross had been less merciful, attacking Ink with questions at every chance given. Dream was better, but was starting to get curious too.

"Come on! Tell me his astrological sign at least!" Cross giggled, throwing a piece of paper at Ink's head. 

"I don't know his sign. Or his birthday. We haven't even had our first date yet Cross!" Ink tried to hide his agitation from his friend. He didn't like to get angry at his friends, so he tried to refrain from doing so. 

"Tell me something! Anything!" Cross plead. Phoenix was watching the two with a half amused expression, his eyes darting between Cross and Ink.

"He's black."

"..."

"..."

"He is, though."

"...Ink..."

"To be fair, Cross, you did say anything-"

"Shut up Phoenix. Your input is invalid." Cross huffed and jumped off the desk where Ink was filling in more paperwork. You know, the stuff the studio owner should be working on.

At that moment, Ashley walked in, a piece of paper in her hands. "Uh... You guys said we were mentoring this week, right?"

Ink paused. "Um...Yeah. I don't know what happened there." 

"Well I do," Ashley grunted, "It starts today. On Friday. Through all next week. And the next week. And probably the next week."

"Can't you like, tell Satan to stop that from happening or whatever? Oh, even better! Let's sacrifice them to-" Cross yelled, raising an arm in the air.

"...No?" Ink said.

Unsurprisingly, no one was prepared for mentoring right now. They'd all forgotten about it, and the date was changed, so naturally all four freaked out. But none more than Ink, who was already stressed about his date the next day, and all though Cross was his friend, he really was getting on his nerves. Ink was known for being the best mentor, but this time he was panicking. So when the younger trainees walked through the door 20 minutes before the place opened, a tsunami of dread washed over him. 

"Hey! You must be the new artists!" Ink said, forcing a smile and walking over to the door. The group looked fairly large, making Ink scream internally already. They all looked around at the studio, and then at the four artists.

"Right, well... Time to pick groups!" Ink stepped forwards, doing a quick head count. There  was sixteen students. Six girls, ten guys.

"All right, four to one artist," Ink said, "Line up!" 

The students did, quickly forming a line. Ashley immediately stepped forwards and grabbed one girl by the arm. The girl was very pale skinned, unnaturally so. Her makeup was about as dramatic as Ashley's, and she wore a shirt that said 'Mudvayne', and a necklace that said 'Marilyn Manson'. Two bands Ink really didn't like.

"I'm having this girl, she's got good taste." Ashley smirked.

"...Okay! So..." Ink proceeded to split them into groups, his own consisting of two girls and two guys.

"So my name's Ink, what about you guys?" Ink asked his group as the other groups followed their mentors to other corners of the room. 

After sharing their names, Ink briefly explained that they'd be helping some and watching some, and all the other stuff he usually said to students.