'Confessing undying love'

•EveLyn•
    I was woken up to my mom screaming from downstairs. "Evelyn if your not ready in 15 minutes when I come up there you're grounded! I've called you 5 times!" Shit! I thought.

I rushed out of my bed showered, threw my hair into a bun then threw on a hoodie and some pants and rushed downstairs.

"Good morning honey. How did you sleep?"

"Good, how was work?" I asked

My mom takes night shifts in the office she works at, so the only time we really get to talk is in the morning because during the day she's sleeping to prepare to be up all night. My dad is out of the picture. He and my mom divorced when I was 5 because he was holding her back from reaching her dreams and she didn't like that. He wanted her to be a stay at home mom and he does all the "hard work".

My mom wanted to be a business woman and she couldn't do that with my dad because he didn't agree. He believed that the man makes all the decisions in the relationship. As soon as my dad showed his true colors my mom divorced him and moved on with her life. Getting custody of me in the process as well.

"Work was good."

"Oh I almost forgot can I stay the night at Aubrey's tonight. Her, Jacki and I wanna have a girls night." I said with a smile

"Honey it's a school night. You know my rule."

"I know, but it's only this one time, and Aubrey's house is closer to school, and we'll all walk to school together." I begged

"Okay, okay, as long as you text me every so often so I know you're okay, and when you get to school."

"Yes! Thank you mommy. I promise to text you. Bye! I love you!" I said running out the door.

                                  ~•~

Once I made it to school I quickly rushed to my locker luckily seeing Aubrey and Jacki already there.

"So are we hanging out tonight or what?" Jacki asks.

"Yup. We just have to make sure we make it to school on time." I replied opening my locker.  We stood infront of my locker for a while because we had 15 minutes before classes start. As we were talking Jacki and I realized Aubrey was no longer paying attention to us. Instead she was staring behind us. When we turned around we spotted the three boys. Christian, Aiden, and Nathan.

"Aubrey! You've had the biggest crush on Aiden since freshman year! If you don't confess to him or move on I'm literally gonna die!" Jacki whined.

"No! What if he rejects me? Or like- rejects me then post online that I asked him out and failed." Aubrey replied.

"Girl you are beautiful and the sweetest person in the world he would be missing out if he rejected you." I said.

"Okay. Should I go now? Like ask him to hang out?" Aubrey asked. "Sure! We'll be here cheering for you." I said looking towards Jacki who nodded in agreement.

When she approaches the guys she starts talking to Aiden. Jacki and I hug in excitement because she was finally confessing. That hug was soon cut short when they all started walking towards us.

Jacki and I give eachother confused looks.

"Okay! This is Evelyn." Aubrey said pointing at me. "And this is Jacki." She said pointing at Jacki. We both give her a look saying 'what the hell is happening?' But before she could answer the bell rung signaling for us to go to class. We all separate going to our different classes. Jacki and I still majorly confused.

After school we all meet up at Aubreys car since we were going to her house.

"Aubrey, what was that this morning?" Jacki asks.

"What do you mean?" Aubrey responses looking like an innocent Angel.

"This morning..the guys coming up to us. You introducing us. I thought you were confessing your undying love for Aiden not making a new friend group."  Jacki said dramatically earning a laugh from me in the backseat.

"Well, I walked up to the group confidently ready to confess 'my undying love for Aiden'" Aubrey says glaring at Jacki for a slight second. "Then I caught their attention and I chickened out, so instead I asked them if they wanted to hangout with us tonight." She said. We both just stared at her.

"What?" She said

"Tonight is supposed to be a girls night!" Jacki and I yelled.

"We'll all still be together, just three extra guest, and if it's really that big of a deal we can have another girls night this weekend." Aubrey said.

"Woman, it was already hard enough for me to get my mom to say yes to me staying tonight." Jacki says

"Same!" I yell.

"I'm sorry guys! I promise I'll make it up to you." Aubrey says.

"You sure will. You owe us snacks." I said with a pout earning a nod from Jacki saying she agreed.