'Youre really pretty'

Christian

I'm on my way to pick up Evelyn for our date and I'm sweating bullets. My plan is to take her to a picnic. I'm wearing a plain black shirt with some jeans and some jewelry. Rings, necklaces, and a bracelet. I made the turn onto the street Evelyns house is on and parked on the side of the street.

This time instead of texting her like usual I decided to walk up to the door and knock. I heard someone rush down the stairs and knock something over. I figured out that the someone was Evelyn because she opened the door right after I heard all the sounds. When I saw her the smile that was already on my face widened because she looked amazing. Her dress fit her perfectly and her hair was done nicely.

"You look..Amazing." I say still staring at her causing her to start blushing. She says thanks and I grab onto her hand and lead her to the car so we can get going. When we approach the car I let go of her hand and open the car door for her. She steps in and when she gets comfortable I close the door and walk to my side and get situated in the car as well.

"Are you ready?" I ask.

"Yea, are you gonna tell me where we're going?" She asks.

"Nope." I say popping the P and smiling at her. She lets out a groan so I laughed at her. I start the car and pull out of my parking space and start driving to the place I want to take her.

We drove for about 30 minutes before we finally made it to the area I wanted, but we still had to walk the rest of the way. I park the car and tell Evelyn to wait in her seat so I can run over to her side and open the door for her.

"Are you okay with walking the rest of the way?" I ask to make sure she's comfortable. She nods, so I get the picnic stuff out of the trunk then grab her hand to lead her to where I want to go.

We only walked for about 3 minutes before we made it to the creek. I slow down to signal that we made it to where we need to be and let go of Evelyns hand. I set down the blankets and the picnic basket, then went back to Evelyn who was looking around to set her down.

"You like it?"

"Yea, how did you find this place?" She says while looking absolutely mesmerized.

I laugh before I answering. "I come here when my dad makes me angry or if I miss my mom. My mom actually showed me this place before she died." I say looking around.

Evelyn looks at me with sorrow. "Christian this place is to special to you I shouldn't be here." She says.

"No, I want you here, it's fine, my mom wouldn't mind she was a wonderful and kind woman, she wouldn't mind sharing." I say with a smile moving a piece of hair out of Evelyns face.

"You're really pretty." I say causing her to blush again and I smile.

"My mom would've loved you ya know? How sweet and pretty you are, and a little reckless." I say laughing at the last part and so does she.

"I bet your mom was amazing." She says grabbing my hand and placing it on her cheek. We stay at the creek talking for hours. She talks about her relationship with her parents since I shared a little about mine, she tells me how she met Aubrey and Jacki, and more. I could listen to her talk to her for hours and never get tired of her, but it was getting late and I didn't want her to get grounded so it was time for me to take her home.

When we make it to her house I get out the car first so I can open her door. I grab her hand and lead her to the door.

"Did you have fun?" I ask and she nods smiling.

"Good, so did I." I say smiling back. Before letting go of her hand to let her go inside I place my hand on her cheek. I've been thinking about doing this all day and if I don't try it now I'm scared I might be to nervous to do it later, so I put my other hand on her other cheek and look at her in her eyes. I glance down to her lips then glance back up at her leaning in slowly. When our lips were centimeters apart I paused feeling her breath on my lips and I'm pretty sure she can feel mine as well. I look up at her for consent and when she nods I lean in and kiss her. She quickly responded and wrapped her arms around my neck. I pull back and smile down at her while rubbing her cheeks with my thumb. It was dark but I could still see the light blush on her cheeks.

I lick my lips. "Is that cherry?" I ask and she laughs nodding causing me to laugh as well. I let go of her and finally let her walk inside, then make my way back to my car so I can make my way home.

A/N- sorry for taking so long to update!! Check out my new book between us!! Also sorry for any spelling errors feel free to correct me anytime:)