'Can I kiss you?'

Christian

      When Evelyn texted me yesterday to hangout today it kind of scared me. I don't know why, but it had a weird vibe to it. It bothered me so much that it was all I thought about during school. Did I do something wrong? Did I say something offensive? Was all I was thinking about today.

Before I went to her house I called Aiden and Nathan to ask if they knew anything. I FaceTimed the group chat of Nathan, Aiden and I, and it didn't take long for them to answer.

"Wassup man?" Nathan asks after seeing the nervous look on my face.

"Has Jacki or Aubrey said anything about Evelyn and I hanging out today?" I say "And if so did they say why she wanted to hangout?"

It was silent for a second meaning they were thinking.

"No, I was with Aubrey earlier and she didn't say anything." Aiden says.

"Nope, I texted Jacki earlier and she hasn't said anything either." Nathan says

"Why do you ask anyway?"

"Evelyn texted me yesterday randomly asking to hangout today, and you know they had a girls night so I was thinking maybe one of the girls said something." I explain.

"Dude you're overthinking it. Maybe she just wants to hangout, you guys have been getting closer recently, and you have been opening up more to her." Nathan says and Aiden nods.

"Okay, alright I have to go now I'll text you guys when I leave." I say hanging up.

It takes me about 15 minutes to get to Evelyns house. I make it to her house and I knock on the door. Not even 30 seconds later she answers. "Hey!" She says with a big smile signaling for me to come in.

"Hey, is everything okay? Your text seemed kinda weird in a way." I say.

She gives me a confused look. "Yea, everything's fine, I just wanted to hangout because it hasn't been just us in a while." She says

"Oh, okay." I say feeling the stress lift off of me.

"You hungry or thirsty?" She says walking to the kitchen. "Can I have some water please?" I say following her to the kitchen and sitting at the table. "Coming right up." She says grabbing the cup from the cabinet. She gives me the water and we sit at the table talking for a while.

"Do you want to go up to my room?" She asks.

I freeze for a second. "Umm..are you sure? We don't have to." I say.

"Yea, I wanna show you my room." She says with a smile. I nod and we both make our way upstairs. As we're walking up I notice a few pictures of her and her mom but none with her dad. We walk all the way down the hall and turn to the left to enter her room. It had her bed against the wall next to the window with some pictures and shelves full of books above it ,and fairy lights hanging in the corner above her bed.

"Nice room." I say looking around. She says thank you and signals for me to sit next to her on the edge of the bed.

"Okay so please don't get mad at Aubrey or Aiden for this okay?" She says.

I look at her confused and nod slowly.

"Last night during girls night Aubrey Jacki and I were talking and Aubrey said that the other day at Aidens house you said that you liked me, is that true?"

I froze. I've liked her for a while now. Ever since helping her learn how to skate at the skating rink to be exact.

"Umm yea, I do like you." I say nervously looking down to avoid eye contact.  She nods. "Umm..I noticed when we were walking up here there were only pictures of you and your mom, is your dad out of the picture?" I ask changing the subject.

"Yea, they divorced when I was little." She says.

"Do you still get to see your dad?"

"Yea I visit him during the summer and sometimes during spring break." She says

"That's good."

"What about you? You never really talk about your life at home." She says.

I freeze again. I don't really like telling people that my mom died and now my father is an alcoholic, but I trust Evelyn and I feel like I should open up to her.

"Sorry, you don't have to answer if you don't want." She says.

"No it's okay I asked about your dad it only makes sense if I answer your question." I say letting out a small laugh.

I take a deep breath. "Umm..my mom died a few years ago from cancer, but before she died we did have a good relationship. She was my best friend and I would tell her everything same with my dad." I say noticing a tear drop from her eye.

I let out a small laugh before wiping her tear off her cheek before continuing. "But after my mom died my dad became distant and an Alcoholic so we don't have the best relationship right now. Well more like no relationship at all, and before you say anything I've tried to help him trust me, but he keeps denying it so I gave up." I say and she nods.

When I finish she holds me in a tight hug. "I'm so sorry you're going through this." She says crying into my shoulder. I let out another laugh. "It's okay, and I think I'm the one that's supposed to be crying into your shoulder right now don't you think?" I say. She laughs pulling out of the hug.

We decided to watch a movie before I leave to lift the mood a little and we end up cuddling a bit while watching the movie. I was laying against the pillows at the top of the bed and her head was on my chest while our legs were tangled.

The movie ends and I collect my things and she walks me to the door. "Thanks for the invite I had fun." I said with a smile. I notice her staring. "What's wrong?" I asked in a concerned tone.

"Umm..can I kiss you?" She asks.

"No."

She gave me a confused look.

"I want to kiss you, trust me I really do, but I want it to happen when we're both sure we like each other and I kind of want it to be special. I don't want you to kiss me because you feel like you have to just because I like you" I explain.

"Oh, okay." She says letting out a small smile. "But, until then you can have this instead." I say leaning down and kissing her cheek causing her to blush and her smile to widen. I smile at her reaction.

"Alright I gotta go." I say smiling and walking out the door. I hear her yell "bye" before I get into my car and drive off.