'Knock before you enter'

Christian
•TW: mention of Alcohol abuse•

After dropping off Evelyn at her house I make my way to mine. When I pulled in the driveway I noticed my dad wasn't there, so it gives me enough time to pack some clothes and stay at Aidens for the night.

My father and I don't have the greatest relationship. When my mom died a few years ago he became distant and alcohol become his best friend.  Every time he comes home and I'm here he starts yelling about anything he could possibly find. A piece of paper on the floor, the fact that there's barley any food here, etc. So instead of dealing with my dad Aiden offered me to stay with him every once in a while. Before you say I'm a bad son for not offering to help my dad I've tried.

I've recommended he should go to rehab or therapy a lot, but every time I recommend it he blows in off with 'Theres nothing wrong with my drinking.' So after a while of trying to convince him I gave up. I finished packing up and go back outside to my car and start driving to Aidens house.

Once I make it to Aidens house his mom answers the door and lets me in and tells me Aidens upstairs. I make my way upstairs and walk into Aidens room without knocking, but soon regretting my decision when I walk in on him making out with one of Evelyns friends. Avery I think her name was? My eyes widen when I see them and I immediately walk backwards closing the door shut and walking to my room like nothing happened. Aidens mother gave me the guest room after I told her the story about my dad and offered for me to stay whenever I needed.

I walked in my room, set down my bag then walked back to Aidens room. This time I knocked before walking in. I heard a faint "come in" so opened the door to see only the girl sitting at the edge of the bed.

"Just wanted to let Aiden know I was here. Where is he?" I asked looking around.

"He went to the bathroom he'll be right back." She says. I notice her face light up like she just noticed something. "You went out with Ev today right?" She asks.

"Evelyn?"

"Yes, Evelyn. How was it? Was she nice? Do you like her?" She asks.

"Umm..yea it was nice and I don't know if I like her yet, I just wanted to hang out with her because she was cool when we watched the movie the other day." I respond. "What about you and Aiden? You like him? Is he nice? Are you having fun?" I said mocking her questions.

"Yes, he's very sweet and kind. And yes I am having fun, he actually planned for us to go roller skating this weekend." She says with a bright smile. I nod in response.

Soon after Aiden walks in and we all talk for a while. Aubrey eventually leaves so Aiden and I start playing his game. About and hour later his mom calls us down for dinner.

"Thank you Maria." I said sitting down at the table seeing all the plates already made. Soon after me and Aiden sat down Aidens little sister April came in after us.

"How was school April?" I ask trying to make conversation. She goes on about her day and we all continue the small talk throughout dinner. I was the first to finish so I go upstairs and shower.

When I was done showering and getting dressed I laid on my bed and got on my phone to see a text from Evelyn.

Her: hey! Aubrey told me that her and Aiden are going skating this weekend and they invited us, so I was wondering if you'd wanna go?

Me: did they invite you or us?

Her: well they invited me, but it's gonna be like Aiden and Aubrey then Nathan and Jacki, so it would be kind of weird if I didn't invite you, and I would be fifth wheeling which is not fun at all.

Me: haha, sure I'll go do you want me to pick you up?

Her: sure, it's next Friday at 8

Me: alright I'll be there at 7:30 on Friday:)

Her: thank you!! <3

'Well I guess I have plans for this weekend' I thought before putting my phone on the charger and going to bed.