Chapter 5

Hey lovelies, here is another chapter for Promise.I'm recovering well. Though I have dry cough, I feel better than last couple of days. My traveling has been postponed because of this new variant. lol. I'm gonna stay home safe and sound since there are a few confirmed cases here.Please stay safe and wear your masks. See end note for the rest.

***

"Jimin-ssi, you're the face of our brand. You cannot just withdraw from a shoot like that."

Jimin sighed, rubbing his temples. "Woobin-ssi, as you might know, I have canceled or rescheduled all my shoots for the next two months due to personal reasons. I'm sure Taehyung-ssi has already contacted your team regarding the same."

Chang Woobin, the production manager of one of the cosmetic brands Jimin represented, crossed his legs and reclined in his seat. His alpha pheromones stank the air and caused Jimin to scrunch his nose. This alpha was one of the reasons Jimin no longer liked the scent of leather.

They were in the small office room in Jungkook's mansion, the one they used to receive clients. Jungkook had allowed Jimin and Taehyung to use it for the time being. He so wished Taehyung was here with him, but he had gone out earlier this morning with Jungkook and wasn't back yet.

"Our contract doesn't allow you to cancel, Jimin-ssi."

He was aware of that. He still had six months to go.

"I've been with your company for the past two and half years. I've never canceled or postponed a shoot before. If I'm right, there's a clause that allows me to reschedule the shoot where my health is concerned. Taehyung-ssi tried to reschedule it but your team wouldn't agree."

While the models didn't have much control over their contract, they did have some leverage when it came to their health conditions. The clause was mainly there because no alpha or an omega could work during their rut or a heat. Jimin's heat was still a month away. However, Jin had told him that it was better if he rested for at least two months since he was wary of the effects of the drug he was injected with.

Woobin smiled, his hawk-like eyes running over his frame suggestively. "You look fine to me, Jimin. I don't see why we should reschedule the shoot."

Jimin clenched his jaw. This was one of the reasons he despised working with this brand. The previous manager before Woobin was a beta who was understanding and easy to work with. But ever since Woobin became the production manager, things were hard for Jimin.

"I can submit a medical certificate if needed, Woobin-ssi."

The alpha chuckled and leaned forward. "You can tell me if you have any other concerns you know." He tilted his head to the side. "I've heard you fired your manager and assistant. I'm sure something must be terribly wrong if you had fired an employee who was with you for over five years."

A frown tugged at the corner of Jimin's mouth as a growl lodged in his throat. The alpha's scent was almost becoming unbearable. "I don't see how that's your concern."

He removed his hand that was on the table when Woobin reached for it. The alpha masked his dismay with a chuckle. "Well then, I'll see you tomorrow at the shoot." He stood and buttoned his suit jacket. "Nice talking to you, Jimin-ssi."

Jimin's scent was turning bitter and before he could speak, he felt a wave of calm washing over him.

"Jimin will not attend the shoot tomorrow or on any other day for that matter," Jungkook said, causing Woobin to whirl around to face them.

Entering after Jungkook was none other than Kim Namjoon, Taehyung's second brother. Jimin only briefly met him during one of the dinners with the Kim family.