Chapter 39 - Extended Ending + Epilogue

⚠️ CW: Mpreg

A/N: Chapter 38 is the actual ending of the story. This is a bonus like an extended ending of sorts with an epilogue.

Whatever that didn't go into the actual story will be added as bonus chapters later, including deleted scenes. This will be available only on my Patreon Emper Moon Tier. So this chapter is the conclusion to Promise here on AO3 and Wattpad. Here's 5k of extended ending. Happy reading folks!

***

Seokjin's office was just as he remembered. Nothing out of the ordinary. The walls were decorated with diagrams of wolf anatomy along with a few motivational quotes. Off to the right hand side was a small curtain partition with a single bed and ultrasound equipment. There were a few other things too, which he didn't recognize with a name.

"Extreme stress can affect your heat cycles. There's nothing to panic about," Seokjin said, drawing blood into a vial and storing it along with the other two on the medical tray. "Your medical history shows you've had irregular heat cycles in the past. Let me run a few tests and we will see if I have to put you on medication."

Jimin exhaled. "Okay."

Seokjin patted his shoulder. "You're still young. Maybe you just need a relaxing getaway to get everything under control."

"You sure it's not anything else?" He bothered his bottom lip. Worry nagged at his gut.

Seokjin gave him an assuring smile. "I'm sure. It happens, you know. It's not uncommon. Stop worrying too much."

But it didn't ease his worries. His heats were never simple. His wolf was reckless. Though it was now tamed and accepted Jungkook as their mate, he was worried if his heat would be successful. He couldn't bring himself to voice out his worries though. It was embarrassing to admit how easily he could lose control over his wolf. So far his wolf didn't give him any grief to worry about when it came to Jungkook. So he hoped this heat would go without a hitch. However, the delay was causing him to be restless.

"I'm not exactly growing young anymore, you know. And Jungkook needs an heir before he turns thirty," he lamented. "And after everything I've been through I'm worried. What if...hyung, what if I cannot have pups?"

Seokjin's features softened considerably and a wave of calming pheromones washed over him. "That's not gonna happen. And I know Jungkook would love you the same if not more."

Jimin relaxed a little. "You know what I mean." He fidgeted with the hem of his t-shirt. "I want to..." He blew out a breath as heat flared in his cheeks. "I was going to ask him to spend my heat with me. You know I never spend my heat with anyone before. He makes me feel safe and my wolf trusts him. But I'm also scared. What if..."

Seokjin put a hand on his shoulder. "Don't think about it now. It'll only ruin your peace." He patted his cheek. "I'd only have to recommend a few vitamins but you really don't need that. You're perfectly healthy, Jimin."

Jimin nodded shakily. "Thank you."

Seokjin straightened and went back to the vials. "These past few months haven't been easy on you. I'm not surprised it affected your heat cycle. The tests are mostly to ease your mind and to see if the drugs they injected a few months back have had any effects in your system. Whatever it is, we will figure it out."

"I'm just worried. I don't want anyone to look down on Jungkook because he chose to mate with me," Jimin admitted.

The Kim family was a powerful one, no doubt, but it was a part of the Jeon pack. Jungkook wouldn't benefit from their mating. There were a few who had expressed their disapproval after learning that he rejected Isabel. Because in a world where only power and strength was valued, they saw it as a chance to merge two powerful packs. It would have meant strong alliances in Europe.