Chapter 22

Taehyung woke to the scent of rain clinging heavily under his nostrils. His wolf purred in contentment. He stretched his limbs, feeling content after a good night's sleep. It had been a while since he slept so well. Last night, he slept exceptionally well.

A deep breath filled his nostrils with a combined scent of rain, roses, and sandalwood that was mixed with his peppermint.

Wow.

It was pure heaven. He blinked his eyes open, rubbing the sleep of his eyes. Clutched in his left hand was a black shirt that smelled so heavily of an alpha he was so familiar with.

How did this come here?

A frown tugged at his lips and the next thing he noticed was the chocolate box.

Oh.

Maybe the alpha left it here for him. An involuntary smile replaced his frown as he grabbed the chocolate delicacy, not wasting another second before unwrapping one and popping it into his mouth. As the chocolate melted, the other two prominent scents combined with a loud purr demanded his attention.

Taehyung paused, ears straining as he glanced around. His nest smelled heavily of the omega. He was sure he freshly made his nest last night and it smelled only of him. Perhaps Jimin came in later.

Where is this sound coming from?

He crawled to the foot of his bed and his breath caught in his throat at the sight. A loud coo almost left his mouth as he quickly scrambled off in search of his phone. He dropped the chocolates on the bed and clicked as many pictures as possible.

Jungkook was in his wolf form. It had been years since he saw his wolf. And he could tell he'd grown bigger and he was more muscular than he remembered. Sleeping on top of him, wrapped in a blanket like a burrito was the omega. Jimin was so small compared to the wolf that seemed to drown him.

The omega held his fur in his little fists, little puffs of breath fanning the wolf's neck as a purr vibrated off his chest. It was the cutest thing he had ever seen and he didn't think twice before dropping the photos in their family group.

His phone vibrated with several texts as they cooed. His mother broke into tears, sending a voice message over how adorable they looked.

They looked adorable indeed. Yoongi's shirt lay on his lap, a secret smile tugged at his lips. He could tell Jimin must have snuck it into his nest while he slept.

They have really come a long way. The first time he felt the urge to build his nest was during his rut—the first one he spent in a facility instead of home because this time they were able to afford one.

It was the time before he became famous. Only Jimin had constant work and he had been working non-stop. He had a busy schedule that didn't allow him to take a break. The shoot was planned in another city combined with a small-scale fashion show where Jimin would have to travel and stay away for a week.

Taehyung would have stayed home, but Jimin insisted he would be able to rest easy only if he knew there was someone to take care of him in a timely manner. Because the alpha didn't eat unless someone forced him to do it.

So Taehyung went, packing everything he could think of. However, the facility was too clean and void of anything that was remotely even close to home. It was then he felt the urge to build a nest, seeking the safety and comfort only home could offer.

He had made use of the little things that were available to him, burrowing under the sheets and pretending he was with Jimin. It became a habit.

Ruts and heats were a vulnerable time for the werewolves. With their constant state of arousal and the need to mate, they were emotionally and physically weak. It was important they spend it where they felt safer. Jimin or Taehyung didn't have that safety until a few years ago. Come to think of it, they were each other's safe place.