Chapter 14

TW: Blood, violence and death. There's a fight scene in this chapter and a few bad guys die.There's also blood and injury.

***

"Come on, bubby. It's time to change." Taehyung hit his rump and the wolf slid off him with a huff.

The wolf was in no hurry to shift back into his human form though. It wasn't every day he came out to play. Life in Paris had been really rough on him with them getting very few chances to shift and run to his heart's content.

He pranced around a little bit, halting in front of the mirror, looking this way and that way. The silver wolf was definitely much bigger than normal omegas and stronger. It tilted its head, tongue lolling out before letting out a loud bark, and went down on his forelegs, tail wagging as he growled at his image.

"I know you're beautiful. Now can you stop showing off?" Taehyung grunted from the floor, but he was now taking photos on his phone. "Hold on a moment. Wanna show off to your mate?" he asked, wiggling his eyebrows. "I'm sure Jungkook's wolf will be a goner when he sees you."

The wolf's ears twitched at the mention of his mate's name and he turned around to sit on his hind legs, head tilted to the side as he posed. The familiar sound of click brought forth the model in him and the next thing he knew, he was posing this way and that way, finally settling to turn away and give the camera a playful shake of his rump, tail swishing.

"You're a fucking tease," Taehyung griped and the wolf let out another bark.

He was a tease indeed. He knew Taehyung was recording a video and knew what his actions meant. It was to entice an alpha to a chase. Often he wondered how it'd feel like an alpha to chase him before tackling him to the ground and licking his face in victory. How it'd feel to submit to an alpha, trusting him to care for him and protect him.

"You know Jungkook's wolf is bigger," Taehyung spoke as he pocketed his phone. The wolf sat as he listened intently. "He's majorly black with the tip of his fur coated in silver. You'll love him."

His tail thumped on the floor and he yipped once.

Taehyung stood dusting his pants. "Thank god we have a change of clothes. Imagine riding the car in your wolf form."

The wolf yipped in answer.

"Of course, you'd love that." He huffed. "Wait here. Let me go pull your clothes from the locker. Then you can go inside."

The wolf turned around watching himself in the mirror for a moment before he pressed his nose on the floor and sniffed the surface out of habit. Several scents clouded his senses and he was curious taking in everything. He was behind the music system, sniffing at the wires when the door opened.

What drew his attention was the lack of scent. It wasn't the peppermint he expected. His ears went flat against his head and his snout pulled back, revealing the sharp canines. He crouched, lifting his head from between the music system to see three men in black masks slipping inside, weapons ready in their hands.

They were here to hurt them. His instincts went on high alert.

Hunt.

Kill.

Protect.

"I can smell the alpha, but there's no one here," one man said.

The wolf suppressed the growl and pressed its body flat on the ground, waiting. A thrill shot through its system as the human side drew further into the back of his mind in fear. The wolf licked its lips, hind legs gently lifting as it readied itself.