Chapter 24

CW: This chapter contains wolf grooming.

What is wolf grooming?

Two wolves will lick each others coats, nibbling gently with their teeth to remove foreign matter. Reciprocal grooming is especially common during courtship. Injured wolves are intensely groomed by other pack members, providing both physical and mental comfort.

You can research more on wolf behavior in Google if you're curious.

***

"Park Jimin!"

He halted, his entire body stiffening as he clenched his fist. Jungkook's wolf let out a warning growl, curling his body around his knees in a protective stance.

"You're nothing but filth," Isabel yelled. "I know exactly who you are, Jimin. Or should I say Lee Jongmin?"

Lee Jongmin.

His blood ran cold as a cold fury licked his veins. Another growl was heard and he didn't have to turn to know it was Taehyung.

She knows.

How?

I thought no one knew that name anymore.

"You never belonged to this family. You're a murderer who was forced to run away because of the crimes you committed. Does the committee know the minister's family is still looking for you? You're not even a Kim. That's all a bullshit stunt your asshole friend pulled to protect your sorry ass."

Jimin's back was ramrod straight, jaw clenched as cold sweat trickled down the back of his neck. The alpha let out a thunderous growl.

"Ms. Isabel, stop, please..." someone begged.

"Why would I stop? I'm not the one who committed the crimes," she continued to yell. "Hey, Jimin! Why do you think you deserve Jungkook? Newsflash, asshole! You don't."

Jimin turned around so slowly. If he had seen himself in the mirror, he would have known his omega had completely taken over, turning his eyes entirely blue. His fangs and claws were out. The wolf beside him was tense, rumbles and growls vibrating in his chest.

Her face contorted, taking an ugly shade of red. She tried to get out of the guard's hold. "You thought you could erase all the history and pretend and behave as if nothing happened? You thought it'll stay buried? You're wrong. You're so fucking wrong!" She jabbed a finger in his direction. "By now, the entire underground would have known your identity. You're good for nothing, Park Jimin. You're—"

Jimin was nothing but a blur when he moved. He tore her from the other's grip, slamming her into the wall as he snarled into her face. Taehyung moved in his peripheral vision, ready to intervene if needed.

"Lee Jongmin is dead!" he thundered above all. "He was a helpless omega who let others push him around."

His extended claws sank into her neck, drawing more blood. She shivered like a leaf in his hold, pupils were blown wild and the scent of fear cloyed his nostrils.

"You picked the wrong omega to fight," he growled. "Guess what? I don't give two fucks as to what you think. You—a self-centered, narcissistic, and obsessed omega; You—who is pining after a taken alpha and kicking fuss like a child who was denied her candies; You—who has never worked a day in your life and knows nothing more than spend her papa's hard earned money. Do you think you have the right to question me? I'm Park Jimin. The omega, who stood through the test of time and fought with fangs and claws to get where I am today. If my mother says I'm a Kim then I'm a Kim. If my brother says I'm his blood bond, then I'm his blood bond. If my mate says I'm worth it all, then I'm worth it. Hell will freeze over on the day I take validation from someone useless as you."