Chapter 1

It was a cold night in Godric Hollow where a babysitter and two children laid sleeping soundly. Suddenly a blast went off, it was the ward surrounding the house, it had broken. Soon a man dressed all in black entered the house killing the babysitter and slowly stalked up the stairs.

He reached a door with two names written on it in red and gold 'Charles' and 'Hadrian'. Knowing it was the right door he opened it slowly creeping in to find two babies laid in their cribs. One was rather plump with brown eyes and wild ginger hair. This one was wailing and crying while the other one was significantly smaller in both size and weight with raven hair and killing curse green eyes.

However, this boy was different; he wasn't crying or sleeping, he was looking at the man in curiosity and wonder with magical waves flowing off him. This was the child, the one that the man had come to kill.

Slowly the man picked up the child and held him in his arms, confessing to him why he had come ''I'm very sorry little one, normally I would not kill children, but you are destined to either kill or join me. I'm sorry but I cannot have Dumbledore twisting you against me and have you kill me before I can fix this world. You truly are powerful; I hope you have a good afterlife. I'm sorry little one, I hope you can forgive me.'' He placed the child back in his crib and stepped back. The Avada Kedavra colour of the boy's eyes was fitting, it was the way he was going to die, or so the man thought.

As soon as the coloured light left the man's wand a shield of golden light surrounded the boy reflecting the curse back at him. Having no time to react the man was hit and quickly faded to dust, while the child passed out as a lightning bolt scar carved itself onto his forehead.