chapter 13

Currently, all the prefects were leading the first years back to their dorms. As soon as they entered the dorm, Snape stood up and made his usual speech ''As you know you have all been sorted into Slytherin this means that you stick with other Slytherins. We are a family here. That means that you trust and protect one another, any rivalries you have shall not leave this common room. Outside that door we are a united front because nobody, even some teachers will take another's word over yours and favour them. If there is anything you need come see me or another prefect, this house is family. Do not forget that. Now the password changes every two weeks so make sure that you check before you leave, or you will be stuck till another student arrives.'' Just as everyone was about to leave, he spoke again ''Not so fast Potter, you will drop that glamour immediately'' Hadrian started panicking.

Seeing his hesitance Snape did it himself and what he saw made him and every other person in the room freeze. The boy had a busted lip and was covered head to toe in bruises. The child immediately broke down and started to have an anxiety attack, but whenever anyone came near to try and help him, he backed away saying ''sorry please don't hurt me'' over and over again. So, they did the only thing they could think of, they called his brother down from his room.

Liam ran over to Hadrian and pulled him onto his lap and into a hug whispering sweet words to him to calm him down. Soon Hadrian's cries turned to quiet whimpers and sniffles.

Suddenly a letter was dropped off for Hadrian but as soon as he went to pick it up, they all realised that it was actually a howler. Suddenly James's voice rang throughout the Slytherin common room ''You brat. How dare you be the Hogwarts heir; you took that opportunity away from our precious Charles! When you get back you will get the beating of your life!'' They all now knew without a doubt that his parents had abused him, they were the ones to make those bruises.

Everyone in Slytherin had been in the common rooms at that time and they all felt sorry for poor Hadrian and felt the urge to protect him.

This is how Hadrian became the Slytherin prince or as they liked to call him their little snakelet. He had become their precious little snake, their little bundle of happiness.

At that moment everyone made a silent vow to protect the boy. They will never allow him to be hurt again.