chapter 8

A little after he finished eating James and Lily came up to them, they tried to pet Hadrian thinking Sirius and Remus had gotten a new pet but quickly got annoyed when the dog bit them after they touched it.

The three godparents had to stifle a laugh when he did it, when James started to scold them for bringing a rabid dog in, Sirius simply said that the dog had come from an shelter and had trust issues, stating that he was perfectly safe as long as he wasn't touched by people he didn't know.

Soon after that the party ended, and everyone went home. Then after a little longer in the kitchen, helping the elves and having dinner, it was time for Hadrian to get ready for bed.

This night routine was different to his normal one, this is the one he usually used if he was planning on staying up late. He decided to get dressed in his favourite pyjamas, which were a fluffy white cropped vest and fluffy black shorts and soft black cardigan with a pair of fluffy black heeled slippers. Walking back into the room he brushed his hair out but left it down.

He planned on going back to the library to read but decided to get a glass of hot chocolate to take with him. The founders were still there watching him. They now understood why the boy was so excited, they were amazed at what this child could do with his raw magical power and the fact that he was an Animagus the only thing they couldn't figure out was why he bit his parents.

Soon Hadrian walked out of his room and into the kitchen to get his drink and of course the founders followed him but what they weren't expecting was for him to bump into James and Lily. And they definitely were not expecting the reaction they got from his parents.

After accidently bumping into his father, he apologised and went to walk away but what shocked them was when James grabbed him by his wrist and pulled him back. When Hadrian turned around, he was smacked across the face so hard he fell to the floor which is when James started to brutally beat him, kicking punching you name it while Lily stood there laughing.

The founders were appalled at this but couldn't do anything to help the poor boy. When James had enough, he simply walked away leaving a battered and bruised Hadrian on the floor whimpering in pain.