Chapter Forty-Six

UNBEKNOWST to anyone about the dark side of my life. Even my own family doesn't know that I'm part of something they wouldn't want me to be. It's a responsibility that I couldn't resist because of the people who are depending on it, for the people that need our governance and support.

"You didn't know this part, yeah?" rinig kong untag ni Bravo sa dalawang binata na tila 'di maintindihan ang sinabi kanina. "Oh, this is the exciting part."

Napakuyom ako ng kamao habang inaayos ang mga gamit ko. I removed my connection with Yvette because I don't need her insights or thoughts on this anymore. I might just compromise her identity too.

"This is exciting because you'll know something that you shouldn't know."

Recent events have pushed my other side to resurface lalo pa't may kinalaman ang mga kaaway ng organisasyon sa mga nangyari sa pamilya ko. These awful beings were behind why my parents lost their firstborn child and why Troy has to entangle himself on this in which his father stupidly allied to these mongrels.

I am part of an institution that protects humankind against evil that empowers abusers to the poor. I am part of Genesis—a long-live institution that was created after our country was freed from the first nation that colonized the Philippines. The organization soon become big as they branched out across the globe only living to kill, disorganize the enemies and protect civilians against their known nemesis—Privus Trata.

Genesis' vision is to eradicate all abusers from its roots. Although, it's an impossible task to do because once you killed a head, another one will sprout. Daig pa nila ang ulo ng isang Hydra sa pagdami sa tuwing pinupugutan mo.

Privus Trata is the black market, an underground institution that holds all illegal transactions and assassinations. They are divided into three sectors— The Gangster realm, Mafia, and the Assassins. Each of them has a role to fulfill. This is why they are impossible to eradicate all at once.

Our last war with them was four years ago. We didn't fend them off, but our organization made a peace treaty with their leader. They were called Royalties of Death and were handled by three women—the Goddess, Empress, and their Manipulator, the Queen. The treaty only covers the phenomenon that shocked the world about this celestial stone that could trigger Earth's end. We gave them their word to handle that and if they fail, we'll finish everything and will execute them all.

We only watched at the back, their war against the Mafia leader ended and we heard nothing from the Queen. As if her existence has been vanquished on the surface of the world. Their organization has crumbled, and it was easy for us before to clean their mess.

We all thought they hid behind the darkness of the night. We knew that some still survived but we didn't think that after two years, they were able to build their connections again. Genesis is still checking and investigating who rules them now. Hindi ko alam kung bakit natatagalan but they are moving fast.

At tila naniningil sila ngayon, lalo na sa usapan nila sa ama ni Troy. Hence, boils down to hunting the Genesis itself. It's not that hard to think why they wanted us down. But their bravery, considering that they are not as strong as before, in four years, seems like they are ready to put us down. Someone powerful is controlling them. Someone as great as their previous leaders. Or... was it just them? Their Queen?

"You see, this organization acts as if they are noble. As if they are the heroes of the world but they aren't. Never will be." Wika ni Bravo habang naglilitanya patungkol sa Genesis. "They are just as rotten as us. Conscience is pulverized and shows no mercy to whom they want to kill."

I sighed. I didn't think that Bravo and his family is part of Privus. Or maybe, they might be the new people recruited by them? I made sure of Bravo's background before I discovered his illegal antics. He's just moving alone, or I just didn't go deeper that there's the slightest chance that he's working with them a long time ago already.