Chapter Thirty-Four

DID HE KNOW it all along? All this time, he knew that I'm only pretending? P-Paano? Kailan? I made sure that I won't be busted but how did he know it? He said that he's playing the game that I'm playing? So, he purposely didn't confront me when he knew it? But why?!

I was so dumbfounded to the point that I almost tripped myself with a waiter. I shrieked as I thought I would see myself on the floor being spilled by whatever the waiter's been holding. But I didn't feel a thing, I opened my eyes and I saw Troy's jaws tightening while he's glaring towards the waiter.

"S-Sorry po, 'di k-ko po talaga sinasadya, Ma'am and Sir." Anas ng takot na takot na waiter. If things are not like this? I would have blurted my annoyance to this young man, pero dahil masyado pa akong disoriented sa mga nangyari kanina lang, I only saw myself shook my head and told him that I'm okay.

"Just go back to work, I can handle her from here." Wika ni Troy sa malalim nitong tono nang tangkang punasan ako ng waiter dahil nabasa ang isang braso ko na natapunan.

Troy brought me near the comfort room because we were creating too many scenes already. People were taking pictures of us as well.

"I'll wait here, freshen up." Iyon lamang ang huli kong narinig kay Troy when he guided me to go inside of the washroom. I only nodded like a crazy woman because I could still feel my shock at what happened.

Tiningnan ko ang sarili ko sa salamin. My hair was still tied up neatly and my light makeup was still there. But my light pink lipstick almost got faded because of my paleness. Masyadong halata sa mukha ko ang pagkaputla and I really indeed to freshen up.

My whole body has been shaken because of Bravo's appearance and how he broke my identity to Troy, but what really shook me the most was the thought of Troy knowing this all along. I felt like I was played really well. Kompiyansa akong 'di niya ako mahuhuli but clearly, it's the other way around.

Or was it just his way to get back to Bravo? Troy is clearly smart and knows how to take back the words he receives. Sinabi niya lang kaya 'yon para hindi mapakita kay Bravo na he got played really well too by me?

Napapikit ako habang tinitingala ko ang aking ulo. Napahawak rin ako sa aking sentido dahil napigtig iyon sa sakit.

Serena... ano ba naman itong pinasok mo? You've done this before... just like what Bravo said a while ago.

Pretending to be someone else was my past time in the US. That's my way of coping up with all the stress that I'm getting from my business and the modeling industry. Doon ko nakilala si Bravo. A typical bad boy with an evil mind in place.

Bravo Guidotti is an Italian investor who knows how to handle stocks. It's his forte, he loves math and as much as possible, he wants to avoid any business that needs his brain to work for. He only settled in investing and that's what he is good at.

Apart from it, he also loves to meddle in other people's lives. He loves to pretend to be beggar, commoner, and other roles that would give him a good disguise away from being rich.

That time, ang rason niya kaya niya ginagawa iyon ay para lang makita ang kalagayan ng mga nasa ibaba at mababa ang estado sa buhay. He wanted to see and feel the realness of this world but... he showed me more than that.

I'm all good to pretend so I can move freely in the downtown without being recognized by other people. The fame that I have was not really a joke and I don't want to be the center of the pinnacle all the time. Hence, pretending to be a normal school girl, a cosplayer, a lawyer looking, and I even tried to take a day job as a mascot. Crazy isn't it? Nakakapagod, yes. Pero iyon lang ang paraan ko para lang makaalis sa reyalidad ng totoong buhay ng isang Serena Fontanilla.