Chapter 20

BAHAHAHA I'M WRITING THIS IN CHEMISTRY

GOT A SUBSTITUTE SOOOOOO

LOVE Y'ALL <3

- Foxx

Jacob P.O.V

~

Alex was fast asleep on my lap, head snug against my chest. He had been close to throwing a fit, and I thanked my intuition to bring along his pacifier. It hadn't been a sure thing he'd slip at the club, but I had a feeling it would happen.

One of my friends, Simone, was looking at my over her glass of wine, a smirk on her face. She looked pretty, her platinum blond hair pulled up into a bun, and slim black dress clinging to her frame. 

At her feet, her sub, Marley, is resting her head on her legs, looking close to sleep as well. 

"Nothing," Simone said, but the look on her face said otherwise. "Just never pegged you for a relationship guy."

Preston, who was seated next to her, nodded in agreement.

I sighed. "Alex is not my little. I'm just his caregiver for now." I looked at Preston. "I told you that."

He laughed. "Like I would buy that. He hasn't left your side the entire night."

Simone pursed a brow, lower a hand to run her fingers through Marley's hair. "You seriously believe that you're not his Daddy?"

"He's not looking for a Daddy right now," I explained. "And I'm not going to force him to let me take care of him." I decided to keep the fact that I basically pressed until he caved to myself. She didn't need to know that. 

Her expression morphed into one of confusion. "What do you mean he's not looking for a Daddy? Does he not swing that way? Is he not out? Family problems? Does-"

"He has personal reasons." I cut her off swiftly, because she would've gone on until she said the right thing. 

"Personal reasons..." Simone's gaze hardened. "A bad Dom?"

I nodded. "I'm pretty sure. He hasn't gone deep into it, but the signs of a terrible Dom are all over him. He was trying to leave the entire lifestyle behind when I met him."

Preston looked down at Alex. "What a f*cking load of sh*t. I hate when Doms like that slip through the cracks. B*stards like that shouldn't get the title. Do you know who it was, or if he's still around?"

I shook my head. "Like I said, he doesn't want to go into it. And I'm not going to force him to remember and recount memories like that."

"Of course," Simone nodded. 

Preston had looked away from Alex, and I followed his stare to the guy Alex had become fast friends with. He said his name was Nix... Nick... Nico? Nico seemed right. 

The guy was pretty cute, with wavy brown hair framing a slightly round face. He was wearing a loose-fitting white tee, and torn jeans. Very casual, not really club attire. I wondered who he was friends with here, because it didn't seem like Preston knew him. 

"See something you like Pres?" I snickered. Simone followed his gaze, and started laughing. 

Preston snapped his gaze back to me, but it was too late. "What?"

"Pres found someone he likes~" Simone sang, and Preston playfully pushed her shoulder. 

"Go to h*ll. No," he laughed. "You don't even know he's a sub."