Chapter 4

Well, report card are coming out soon. Pray for me. And since everyone's being so nice about ask for another chapter, here ya go. I was gonna procrastinate till next week (horrible, I know) but everyone's sweet comments moved be to tear. *dramatic wipe away*

Heads up, a lot happens in this chapter, just cause I wanted some fluff. It might be going too fast... lemme know what you think. Oh, and when it comes to the lisp, there are no typos. All words are written how they're said!

Anyways, please enjoy!

- Foxx

~

The sound of my ringtone pulled me from my delicious snack filled dream. I blindly reached around for my phone, patting the surface of my end table until I found it. Eyes still closed, I put it to my ear. 

"Hellurr...?"I said, my words slurred a bit by sleep. 

"Alex?" Said a voice from the other end. 

My sleepy mind couldn't tell who it was, but I continued talking anyways. "Yeezzz?"

"Alex, I need you to wake up all the way for me. Can you do that?" I was slowly recognizing Jacob's voice, it sounded urgent. 

I sluggishly sat up, blinking repeated to clear my eyes. It burned, which meant I had gotten less than 4 hours of sleep. It was still dark outside. Why was he calling to early in the morning? Or was it night? It was pouring outside, so maybe the clouds were blocking the sun?

"I'm up," I sighed, stifling a yawn while rubbing my eyes. 

"Look around you, where are you?" Jacob asked. 

That seemed like a dumb thing to ask. "In my bed?" 

"Now, don't freak out, but look again. Is there anyone else in the room with you?" 

This time, looking around was harder. I was a bit scared I'd see some thing across the room suddenly appear in front of my face, like in horror movies. But there was nothing there. "N-no? Why?"

Air rushed around on the other end, like he was moving around. "Carly got a call from one of your neighbors, asking if she had come over because they heard your door slamming shut a few minutes ago. Carly tried to call you, but you didn't answer," Jacob explained. 

My heart stuttered in my chest. "A-and they were sure it was my door?"

"I don't know, Carly didn't say. Would you be alright looking out in your living room and kitchen?" He said, sounding faintly out of breath. 

My grip on my blanket tightened. "No... I don't think I can."

"I'll be there in like 5 minutes. Carly gave me your spare key, so just wait for me to open your door," he said. That explained the moving sounds. 

I hummed my okay, then said bye. After hanging up, I felt terrified. Anything could happen. I burrowed underneath my comforter, grabbing one of my favorite pillows and bringing it in for a hug. It was kind big, so I curled into a ball, clinging to the pillow with my arms and legs, gripping onto it for dear life. At least if there was someone in my house, I could die comfortably. 

Shaking underneath the covers, I flinched at every noise. Thunder erupted every few seconds, lightning following soon after. I thought I heard my floorboards creaking, and it felt as though someone was pulling at my covers. There was a much more mature way to handle the situation, but for the first time in... years, I was feeling little. Not fully in headspace, but enough so that I didn't consider the more rational solutions.

I thought my covers would protect me from any outside force, but when a hand touched my back, I freaked out, bolting straight up... and off the bed. I crashed onto the floor landing with a thud.