Chapter 24

LOL i'm out on summer break, which goes to show how little I update if I'm already on break again. 

Double update!!! Y'all deserve it and more for your patience. 

- Foxx

~

Jacob P.O.V

~

Alex's finals finished two weeks ago, and he was still exhausted daily. Carly had asked him out multiple times, and every time he came up with an excuse. The one time they did go out, Billy told me Alex had fallen asleep two minutes into the previews of the movie.

I sighed, rubbing at my temples as one of my assistants came into my office. "Sir, Mr. Morrison is here for your two o'clock."

"Send him in, " I responded, leaning back in my chair. 

She disappeared, and a moment later a man walked in. He was obviously past mid-forties, with a receding hair line and a bald-patric in the middle of his head. He was a bigger man, almost struggling to sit in one of the chairs opposite my desk, panting like he had run up the stairs. 

"Mr. Genslinger, I promise, I-"

I held up my hand. "Mr. Morrison, you know how this business work. We are a family. We take care of each other. We do not steal from each other."

Sweat beaded on the man's head. "Of course, Mr.Genslinger. I was going to return every penny!"

"Of course you were. Just like you were going to return every penny to the loan sharks you ripped off?" I picked up the file that my secretary had dropped of this morning, opening it up and picking out the records. I laid them on the desk in front of him. His complexion only got worse as he looked at the undeniable evidence of his thievery. 

"I-I-" He blabbered, dabbing at his forehead with a handkerchief. 

"But of course," I interrupted, "We are family. And I want to give you the opportunity to right your wrongs."

Relief flooded his features. "Yes, of course Mr. Genslinger! I will do anything!"

I smiled. "Glad to hear it." I reached forward, hitting the button that allowed me to intercom to my secretary. "Send them in Ms. Rosin."

Seconds later, two big, burly men walked in, crossing their arms. 

"Mr. Morrison, these fine gentlemen are from the agency your borrowed money from. I am giving you the chance to pay them back. Aren't you glad?"

Fear cause the man to shoot up from his chair, and try to barrell hos way through the muscle men. "P-please Mr. Genslinger! My daughter, she-"

"Is in perfect health, and will remain so. She will graduate from med school without worry about further finance. Life will go very well for her. You, on the other hand," I shrugged, standing from my chair, "not so much."

I gestured to the men, who nodded, and hauled him out. 

Once he was gone, I called Ms. Rosin. "Hire a new head for Mr. Morrison's department."

After a quick confirmation from her, I hung up and pulled out my phone as I paced. I shot a text to Alex, telling him I was coming over. He didn't respond, which made me furrow my brows. It was two in the afternoon, so he was either napping, or...

I grabbed my suit jacket, whisking out the office. 

"Mr. Genslinger?" My secretary asked. 

"I'll be out the rest of the day. Let my appointments know," I called over my shoulder. 

I booked it to my car, throwing my jacket in before hitting the start button. The car purred to life, and I pulled my seatbelt on before pulling out of the parking garage. 

I had barely made it to the corner when I got a call. I push the accept button, and instantly regretted it. 

"Son, why did Boris Ivanov just tell me his appointment was pushed back?" My father's voice came through the speakers, and I internally groaned. 

"Because, Father, I am taking the rest of the day off to deal with something more pressing," I said. 

He sighed. "What could be more important than securing a deal with one of our biggest opponents?"

"A personal matter," was all I gave him. 

"It's a boy, isn't it?" How was he always right? "I'm telling you son, if it's another twink from some bar-"

I cut him off. "He's not."

"Really? Someone from your club?" My father knew what I was into. We kept nothing from each other, and he held no judgment. Unless I was doing something illegal, or dangerous to myself or others, he was very blasé about it. 

"No, not from the club. I met him through a friend. He is a Little though," I admitted. 

My father gave an interested sound. "And what it the pressing matter that couldn't wait until after work?"

"He isn't answering my texts, and he's been acting off lately. I just want to make sure he's alright."

"I suppose you have no choice then," he said with another sigh. "Go take care of your business then."

I grinned. "I will."

We said out goodbye, and right after I hung up, I got another call. It was Alex. 

"Alex? Are you okay?" I asked before he got the chance to get a word out. 

Instead of answering my question, he asked me his own. "Are you busy right now?"

His voice sounded a bit strained, wavering between his normal tone and something a bit higher pitched. Almost like he was falling into his headspace. 

"I'm not busy at all. Are you feeling little right now?"

"...Yeah," was his small reply. And then he yawned. 

I chuckled. "Okay, sit tight for a couple minutes, and I'll be there."

Another yawn let him before he mumbled out a " 'kay", and then hung up. 

A warm feeling fluttered in my belly as I pulled into his parking lot. He had called me when he felt little. That had to mean something, right?

Turning off my car, I slid out, grabbing my phone and key before shutting the door and locking it. I jogged up his stairs, slowing down when I saw Alex already outside. 

But he wasn't alone. He was talking to a guy who was in almost all place, with lots of piercings and visible tattoos. Alex looked skeptical, so I continued over, catching the last bit of the conversation.

"... to a movie?" He was saying. 

"Um..." Alex began, looking overwhelmed. His eyes were big, and I knew he was right on the  I stepped forward, wrapping and arm around his shoulders and pulling him close to me. 

I smiled at the guy. "Hey, I'm Jacob." I held out my hand for him to shake. 

He paused, looking at my arm around Alex, before reaching out to take my hand. "Weston." He released my hand. 

"Nice to meet you," I said. "What were you guys talking about?"

Weston shrugged. "Nothing much. Look, I gotta get going." He looked at Alex. "Catch you later Alex." He gave me one more look before walking a few doors down and disappearing into his apartment. 

I looked down at Alex. "Ready for your nap?"

~