Chapter 23

You guys, I never meant to not write fro three monthsss.. THREE MONTHSS?!?!?

Apologies friendssss

Anywhoooo, guy who adopted ANOTHER book! AHAHAHAAAA.... I need to stop. I have so many books to finishhhhhhh. But ya know, check it out if you'd like. I think it's gonna turn out nicely :)

To the chapter!

- Foxx

~

Alex P.O.V

~

I woke up to urgent knocking at my door. I sat up, rubbing my eyes, and then threw the covers back, getting out of bed. 

I shuffled to the front door, looking through the peephole. 

There was no one there. 

But the knocking continued. 

I took a step back from the door, confused. Maybe a child?

Then the knocking stopped. 

A cold hald landed on my shoulder.

"Get back to bed baby boy."

I shot up, gasping. My chest heaved as I struggled to catch my breath, tears filling my eyes and quickly overflowing.

It was the third night in a row I'd been having nightmares. I desperately wanted to tell Jacob, but he had been doing so much for me, I didn't want to chase him off by being needy. If I told Carly about it, she'd tell Billy, who'd in turn, tell Jacob. 

I gathered the covers in my lap, bending my head to bury my cries in them.

~

"Alex? Alex?"

"Huh?" I snapped my head up, blinking blearily. Carly was staring down at me with concern. She was standing at the table next to Billy. 

"Was the test that hard?" She asked with confusion. "I thought it was pretty easy..."

I rubbed my eyes. The only reason I was back at school was to take the stupid finals. The class was fairly easy, and so was the test, but I was so tired... "It was easy, so easy I got to take a nap," I  laughed. 

Carly joined my laughter, but Billy stayed quiet. I avoided his gaze. I knew if he caught the slightest hint that something was wrong, he'd instantly tell Jacob. The snitch. 

I stood from the table, picking up my bag. Carly bounced alongside Billy, chattering, and I followed. As I trailed behind them, my phone buzzed. 

~

NICO: How was your test?

ME: Too easy >:)

NICO: I told you!!

NICO: YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY

ME: WHAT??

NICO: I FOUND THE PERFECT SIPPYYYY *pic*

ME: OMGGGG I LOVE IT AHHHHH I WANT ONNNEEE *drool emoji* *crying emoji*

ME: WHERE'D YOU GET IT??

NICO: *insert url*

ME: TOTALLY GETTING ONE!!!

~

I had to stop texting him when I got to Billy's car.

"Bye bye Alex! See you later!" Carly called, before getting into the passenger seat of Billy's car. 

I waved as they drove off, before sighing. Now I could go home and maybe catch a nap...

"What's with the sigh?"

Jumping I spun around, and froze at the sight of Jacob standing behind me. 

"You scared me!" I whined, placing a hand over my pounding heart. 

That made him smile. "I know. Tired?" He asked, causing my heart to stutter. Of course he knew. 

"Yeah, I stayed up really late last night studying," I made up on the spot. "It made taking the test easy peesy."

Jacob hummed. "Well, let's get you home so you can take a nap." He took my hand and led me over to his car. 

"How come you came to get me?" I asked as he buckled me in.

That got me a confused glance. "Why wouldn't I?"

I could only sit there, slightly stunned by his response, as he walked around to his side and got in. "How about as a treat, we stop and get lunch of your choice? Whatever you want," he promised. 

"Whatever I want? Why?" It made no sense. I hadn't done anything to deserve a reward. 

He chuckled. "What do you mean why? You took a very hard test today, after putting in a lot of time to complete the course. You deserve a reward for all your time and effort."

My heart squeezed. "I do?"

"Yes, Alex, you do," he confirmed. 

Excitement bloomed in my chest. "Yay! Let's get Num Num Burger!" I squealed, pressing my hands together to contain the movements they wanted to do. My entire body felt electric, a thousand little pricks telling me to move around. But I needed to behave, for my reward!

Jacob laughed. "Num Num Burger it is."

~

The excitement had worn off, and I was sitting in the booth across from Jacob trying not slam face-first into my fries. 

The burger was so good, so I kept cramming more into my face. 

"Alex you have to slow down, or you're going to choke," he warned. I sighed and stopped, trying to chew what I already had in my mouth. My cheeks were bulging, and I worked through my mouthful for at least five minutes. Without being able to concentrate on eating, my tiredness hit full force. I had to fight to keep my heavy eyelids from drooping shut. 

I didn't even notice Jacob coming over to my side of the booth. "Look at your face," he chided, taking a napkin and wiping at the sauce that had dripped onto my chin. 

"Sorry..." I mumbled, letting him wipe at my face before grabbing more fries.

Jacob caught my wrist and took the handful of fries away leaving my with only three to shove into my mouth. "Alex, are you sure last night was the only night of sleep you missed?"

I stiffened. What did I do? If he found out- "Um... no. I've been studying a lot."

"You're going to go to bed early for the rest for the week, to fix your sleeping schedule," he decided.

"What? How come?" I frowned. Giong to bed earlier just meant more opportunity for something scary to happen while I slept. I didn't know if I could handle more nightmares. 

Jacob gestured to me. "Look at you. You've been fighting sleep since you sat in the car, and I've had to stop you from face planting into your food twice already." He had? How come I didn't remember that? "I know studying is time consuming, and the finals are very important. But how will you finish your tests if you're sleeping in class?"

I hated it when he was right. I sighed, "I know. I'll go to bed earlier."

"Eight o'clock." His tone held no room for negotiating. 

I nodded. 

"Good boy. Finish your fries, and we can get you your nap."

~