Chapter 7

I saw 3 comments on the previous chapter... and decided to update again, because they made me so happy! So, double update!

Okay side note because I'm annoyed. My brother just came into my room saying, "Mommy said to heat up some soup for me."

.... Bruh. Do you know how infuriating it is when your younger sibling comes to you saying, "Mommy said." Like, I try to be a nice person. I do. But something ticks me off when someone orders me to do something instead of asking. When I said, "No I'm not going downstairs right now," he proceeds to go upstairs and say, "Foxx said no." (that's not my name or what he calls me I just don't wanna use my name)  

EXCUSE ME?! I SAID NOT RIGHT NOW YOU LITTLE IMP STOP TWISTING THE TRUTH ASDFGHJKL-

Alright remember. Inhale. Exhale. 

ANYWAYS! Sorry it's so short my stomach is really hurting.

Enjoy!

-Foxx

~

Alex P.O.V

~

I waited on the couch like Jacob told me to, it felt like eons before he came back. He was carrying my box, and I was surprised he could, because it wasn't small. 

He set it onto the ground in front of the couch, and I put up my arms so he'd carry me again. But then a thought hit me. What if he gets upset I assumed he'd want to carry me? 

I put my arms back down, hoping he hadn't see. 

My heart stopped when I was lifted back up into his arms. For a second, I was afraid he would hurt me. When nothing happened, I allowed myself to cling to him. From the new height, I could see straight into my box, and look at all the contents. 

Pacy's, bottles, sippy's, a few onesies and other cute outfits, pull-ups, and my baby, Lily. She was my favorite stuffie, a panda that was still in the prime of her life. I guess Jacob saw me looking at her, because he bent down- me still in his arms -and grabbed her for me. I accepted her, clutching her to my chest. 

It had been so hard to put her in the box, but seeing her always reminded me of him. It felt like reviving a dead loved one holding her in my arms again. 

"Alex, do you want anything else from the box?" Jacob asked me. I wasn't used to getting to make choice when I was little. He always decided what I wore, what I did, when I did it, and how long I could do it. I never got the chance to choose by myself...

Looking into the box again, I saw everything. except this time, it seemed like there was too much stuff. 

Did I want the pink pacy? Or the green sippy? Or the orange bottle? But there was also the choice of changing into a onesie. Which one? Too many, too many...

A whimper slipped past my lips, and I drew back, turning away from the box. 

"What's wrong?" Jacob asked, taking a step away from the box. 

"Too many..." I sniffled, barely holding in my tears. 

Jacob was silent, before asking, "Are you thirsty right now?"

I thought about it, before nodding slowly. My throat was feeling dry...

"Alright, then did you want something cold or warm?"

"...Cowd..."

"So, how about a sippy with some water?" He proposed. 

I was shocked. He had figured out what I wanted when I didn't even know what I wanted myself. I slumped against him, once again resting my head on his shoulder. I felt him grab a sippy from the box, and then walk to the kitchen. 

It took less than two minutes for the sippy to be cleaned, filled up, and into my hands, with Jacob using only one hand. I took it from him gratefully, keeping my head on his shoulder as I drank slowly. 

When Jacob moved back into the living room, he tried to set me onto the couch, but I didn't want to let go. 

"Come on, Alex. I have to sit too," he chuckled, trying to loosen my arm from around his neck. "You're going to be on my lap then," he warned, turning to sit. I ended up straddling his legs, still drinking from the sippy. 

As I was drinking, a thought suddenly came to mind. Who could've come onto my house? It couldn't be...

No. I got a restraining order on him. There was no way.

Probably sensing my stress, Jacob slowly put his hand on my back. Then, as soon as I had gotten comfortable with the foreign touch, he began to rub my back up and down.

I welcomed it, the comfort I had not felt in so long. I actually couldn't remember the last time I had been comforted while was in my headspace.

But with the comfort it also brought sleepiness. My eyelids began to droop, and I began blinking constantly, trying to fight off the sleep. But my efforts were useless, because I fell asleep anyways.

~

I woke up slowly, not really registering my surroundings.

The first thing that I felt was a warmth beneath me. I was bewildered when I felt the thing breathing. Slowly I sat up, blinking slowly.

I opened my mouth to yawn, and was stunned when I felt something fall out of it. Looking down, I saw that it was my favorite blue pacy. I followed the surface it had landed on up, my eyes finally seeing what I had been laying on. It was Jacob.

The event of last night registered in my mind, and I had unknowingly slipped back into my headspace.

Funny thought on how to wake Jacob up began filtering there way into my mind.

I reached forward, my finger touching Jacob's nose. His face twitched, making a giggle come from my mouth. I plked the space between his eyebrows, giggling again when his eyebrows pulled together.

When ai reached forward to poke him again, he eyes snapped open, freezing me on the spot.

Well dang.

~