Chapter 22

Sorry guys. My day of birth was Jan 22nd! Yayy made it through yet another yearrrr

Anywho, yes, this is still Jacob's view, just for a bit longer :)

To the chapter!

- Foxx

~

Jacob P.O.V

~

After what I liked the call the 'Counter Art Debacle', I finally got the two littles situated in front of the TV, an episode of Sesame Street playing, and coloring books I  front of them. I let out a long breath in the kitchen, steeling myself to handle the rest of the day on four hours of sleep.

Just as I was cracking eggs into a bowl, there was a knock at the door. Both little were too engrossed in their activities to notice. I rinsed my hands and walked over to open it.

"Need help?" Preston asked with a grin on his face.

"Desperately," I responded, stepping back so he could come in.

He stepped in, pushing the door shut behind him. "What happened man?"

We walked to the kitchen as I recounted the details of the morning. I had made the mistake of walking away from them while they were in the bathroom together. They quickly forgot my instructions after brushing their teeth, and instead decided to make counter art with an entire tube of toothpaste. They were about to start on the mirror before I realized they had been too quiet and rushed back in. I had made them clean up their mess before moving them out to sit and color. Then they squabbled over coloring book until I chose for them.

Preston laughed as I finished telling him. "Poor guy," he snickered, patting my back.

"Shut the h*ll up. You don't know how difficult two littles are when there only one of you," I groaned, swatting his hand away. "Come help me finish making their breakfast."

Together, we finished much faster that I would've alone. I set the plates at the counter, and Preston place sippy cups filled with water beside them. We went to the living room to collect the boys, only to find Nico coloring alone. 

"Nico?" I called. He looked up, eyes flickering to Preston behind me for a split second. "Where's Alex?"

He shrugged, then pointed back the way we came. His room? How could he have snuck past us?

"Get Alex, I'll take care of Nico," Preston said, stepping past me. I held in another sigh and went to find my little troublemaker. 

I found him in the corner of his room, digging through his bin of little things I had put there instead of stuffing it back under the bed. It half empty, a lot of the things in drawers or cabinets for easy access. 

As I walked toward him, I asked, "Alex? What are you looking for?"

Alex turned and looked at me, the beginning signs of a tantrum all over his face. "I can't fine' blu paci!" He turned and returned to rooting around in the bin. 

I lifted him from the ground, breaking his concentration. Then I turned him and set him down. "Alex, you don't need your paci right now. We're going to eat, and then I'll help you find your paci, alright?" 

"But I need it now!" He insisted, pout deepening. 

"Why do you need it?" I asked. 

That made him falter. I knew he didn't expect me to actual ask for his reason. But if he actually did have one, I would help him look for it.