Chapter 29

Bro... I wish I knew all of y'all in real life you guys are too nice. You guys left so many nice and encouraging and positive and meaningful and heartfelt comments I almost cried. I'm trying to respond to all of them but if I don't just know I appreciate y'all so much. I needed to vent so bad, and you guys actually read and responded. Make me so happyyyyyy you don't even know!

I'm trying to be a bit more consistent with updating (although, this book has about 5-15 chapters left, somewhere in that range) but at a certain point I run out of creative juice for a story. I've been sitting on the chapter for so long. It's literally so hard to not repeat chapters and keep the story interesting and flowing. Either way, I'll try not to leave for months again.

I love you guys so much ❤️❤️❤️

Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you, either in the books, or you want to just talk to me about smth!

Muchas gracias mi amores!

- Foxx

~

Alex p.o.v

~

I was sitting at my coffee table coloring when I knock came at me door.

Standing up, I headed to the door curious who it was. If it was Jacob, he would've just used the key he has. If it was Nico or Carly, they would've texted before coming.

I looked through the peephole, seeing my neighbor. Unlocking the door, I tugged it open, giving Weston a small smile. "Hey Weston."

He gave me a smile back. "Hi Alex. Are you busy right now?"

"No, not really, why?" I wracked my brain, trying to figure out if I forgot about plans.

"Well, you never really answered me about going to see a movie... so would you like to go now?" Weston's smile turned bashful, and he help up two tickets.

"Uh..." I didn't know what to say. If I did go, I would need to tell Jacob, and then he'd want all the details, which would take forever and be awkward to explain. On the other hand, Weston already had the tickets, and it felt super rude to just decline after he went through all the effort. "Sure. Let me get changed."

Weston lit up. "Cool, just meet me here when you're ready."

I nodded, then closed my door. I dashed over to my phone, hastily pulling up Jacob's contact and texting him.

~

Jacob, I'm going to go see a movie with my friend. Is that okay?

-Delivered

~

The response was instantaneous.

~

With who? Which theatre? What time will you be home?

~

I hurriedly texted back while finding clothes.

~

w Weston, I think to the *Max downtown, and I should be back by 5

Ok, text me when you get there, when you leave, and I'll be waiting for you with dinner once you get back.

Kk!

Good boy

~

Happy, I set down my phone, changed into a long sleeve and some jeans, and grabbed my wallet and keys before meeting Weston back outside.

"Ready?" He asked, pushing up from where he was leaning against the wall.

"Yep!"

I followed him down the stairs and to a nice looking jeep. I slid into the passenger seat, buckling up as he started the car.

"So what are we seeing?" I asked, hoping it wasn't anything scary.

Weston grinned. "The new DC movie, Black Adam."

Relieved, I replied, "The one who's like Shazam but not really?"

"Yes! You like DC?"

I teetered my hand in the air. "I like to watch the animated shows, and maybe a comic book if I feel like it."

"Dude, that's better than not liking it at all. So many people say DC is sh*t, but personally, I like it better than Marvel."

"That, I can agree with. I don't really like any of the characters in Marvel."

We chattered more until we got to the movies. I trailed behind him into the theatres, basking in the smell of buttered popcorn. He gave our tickets, and we went to stand in line for snacks.

I got myself a popcorn and slushie, not getting any candy because somehow, Jacob always knew if I ate more than I was supposed to.

We found our seats, making it just as the movie started. I was completely engrossed, loving the movie from beginning to end. My popcorn was gone within the first twenty minutes, and Weston kindly shared the rest of his with me.

As we left the theatre, we both excitedly talked about what we had just watch. Weston was telling me about how Black Adam would destroy Superman when his phone rang.

He excused himself, and as he walked a short distance away, my phone rang. I picked it up, and saw it was Jacob.

"Hi Jacob!" I greeted.

"Hey baby," I flushed happily at the endearment, "You already heading back to your place?"

"Nope, we're still about to leave the theatre."

"Well, how about we get some dinner out?" He offered.

My stomach squished. "Like... like a date?"

His chuckled filtered over the phone speaker. "Yes, like a date."

"Yes! Yes, I want to!"

"Alright, I'll get you from the movies, wait in the front for me, I'm two minutes away."

"Okay!"

We hung up, and I only had to wait a bit before Weston came walking back toward me.

"Hey, ready to go?" He asked.

I shook my head. "I'm getting a ride, you can go without me."

His brows furrowed. "A ride? From who?"

"You met him before, Jacob? Tall blond guy?"

His smile twitched "Oh, right. Are you two... together?"

I felt my face get super warm. "Um.. I don't know if we're together together. I mean- we're together but not like all the way? Like-"

"Alex."

I spun around at that voice, a large grin splitting my face at the sight of Jacob walking over to me. With a quick bye toward Weston, I hurried over to him.

He caught me in a hug, spinning me a bit. "Did you say bye to your friend?" He asked.

I nodded, grabbing his hand and pulling him toward the doors. "Yep! I said bye. Let's goooo."

He laughed, pulled my arm so I was closer to him, and he wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "Okay, let's go."

~