Chapter 26

I should really put a warning on all my books. SLOW UPDATES. I really did mean to leave y'all hanging for 3 months. It's so hard to write this book now the creative juices aren't flowing. Just 1000 words take like two hours because I have to pause and think of what to write every three words. 

But no excusesss, I shoulda tried harder for my lovelies. 

Anywhooo, double update because I love you guyssss.

- Foxx

~

Alex P.O.V

~

I slowly came to consciousness, becoming immediately aware of hands on my face, stroking my cheeks. For a second, I panicked, thinking someone had broke in, but then I caught a whiff of soft soap and cologne, and knew it was Jacob.

The motions made me feel woozy and relaxed, like I might be able to fall back asleep. That was a miracle in itself, I had been avoiding sleep as much as I could. 

"Jay-jay?" I slurred, the weight on my tongue slurring my words. My eyes fluttered open, and I tried to get them to focus.

"I'm here. Ready to get up?"

I nodded, and he slid his hands to my arms, helping me sit up. A yawn escaped me causing something to fall out my mouth and onto my lap. Blinking hard, I saw my blue paci. Jacob must've got it for me. 

A loud gurgle sounded, startling me before I realized it was my own stomach. My cheeks flushed as I tried to remember the last I ate. This morning... or before? What time was it?

"It's about dinner time. How about you watch some Masha while I make you something?" Jacob posed it as a question, but why would I ever say no that? I nodded, snagging my paci before starting to push the covers back. Jacob helped me, and surprised my by picking me up, again. 

It made me feel so small to be carried like I weighed nothing. He could even hold me with one arm, which made it even better. 

He carried me to the living room, which looked shockingly clean as I looked around. My entire apartment did. I had slacked on the cleaning and cooking as I got too tired to do much more than go out with Carly and then collapse once I got home. 

Jacob grabbed the remote of the coffee table. While he found my show, I put my paci in my mouth and looked around some more. It was super, sparkly clean. It had to have been Jacob. Or magic faeries that came to my rescue. Maybe it was Bear, and he was taking care of my like I was Masha. When I thought about it, Jacob was like my very own Bear. 

That thought made me giggle, and Jacob cast me a curious glance. "What's so funny?"

I shook my head, hiding behind my hands. 

He chuckled and ruffled my hair, before walking out the room. I was immediately invested in the show, watching eagerly as Bear got his hand stuck in a jar.

After about three episodes, Jacob came back in, carrying a bowl. I didn't really want to look away from the TV, so I didn't. And it made me happy that Jacob didn't make me. He pulled my paci out, and began feeding me spoonful's of mac n' cheese and hotdogs, with small pieces of broccoli. I hummed happily after the first bite, not willing to look away but reaching out to grab some of his open shirt as a thank you. 

I kept opening my mouth dutifully until the spoon stopped coming, my belly comfortably full. Jacob wiped my mouth before pushing up off the couch. Reluctantly I let go of his shirt so he could walk away.

Right as he walked out the room, my show paused. There was some words and options but I couldn't understand it. I whined, looking toward the kitchen for Jacob. He came in, looked at the screen, and picked up the remote. 

He worked some magic and got my show going again before coming over to me with a sippy. Once again, I just opened my mouth for him to put the sippy in for me. I closed my lips around the rubber, and hummed happily as cool water flowed into my mouth. 

It hadn't really hit me how thirsty I was until I was guzzling down the entire cup, only pausing for quick breaths of air before continuing. Doing that also made me realize how pressing the pressure on my bladder had gotten. 

I leapt from the couch, darting to the bathroom. 

"Alex?" Jacob asked loudly.

"Potty!" I called back, pulling my pants down on the way. I barely made it to the toilet in time, directly sitting on it as I didn't have time to lift the seat. 

I let out a breath of relief as I went. I took care of business, and then flushed the toilet. I headed for the door, stopping when Jacob yelled, "Hands!"

He had to have x-ray vision to see me through the walls. " 'Kay!"

Giggling, I turned back and washed my hands, singing Twinkle Twinkle under my breath. 

I decided not to dry my hands, and snuck back out as silent as a mouse. Jacob had his back turned, so I crept up behind him, using one of my wet hands to smother my laughter. Softy, I set a hand on his back, leaving a wet hand print. 

Spinning on my heel, I planned to tiptoe back to my show, but I felt wet hands cover my face. I spluttered, laughing some more as I realized what Jacob did. 

"Jay got wet hands!" I squealed, wiggling from his grasp.

I heard him chuckling behind me as I darted back to the living room. Discreetly, I wiped my hands on the couch, before settling back down, and paying attention to Masha. I wondered what Jay would do if I filled his house with oatmeal?

He walked in a little later, tapping my chin. I opened my mouth, and got another rubber tip in my mouth. This time, it was warm rice milk, and the warmth swirled in my stomach and caused my eyelids to start drooping again. 

"Jayy, sleep wif mee," I slurred, moving to grip his shirt with both hand so he couldn't escape. 

"I'll lay with you until you fall asleep, okay?" He offered.

I shook me head. "Jay sleeps wif me," I pushed. I knew I could get in trouble for saying no, but I didn't want to be alone. I wanted Jay to stay with me. 

He rubbed my back, staying silent.

"Please?"

I felt him sigh. "Alright."

Knowing he would stay with me, I smiled, and snuggled closer to him. The sippy slipped from my lips, but I was done with it. 

I wrapped my arms around his neck, pushing myself onto his lap. Jacob got my paci back and put it in my mouth. 

I was asleep before he even moved from the couch

~