Chapter 31

OK. I'M GONNA WRITE THIS CHAPTER- 11/20/2023, 9:34 PM

OMG. GUYS- IT'S 11/20/23, 10:23!!! NOT EVEN AN HOUR I DID ITTTT AHHHHH I RLY THOUGHT IT WOULD BE MONTHS.

XD

Hope you guys like this chapterrr

-Foxx

~

Alex P.O.V

~

"Hmm, any purples?" I asked Nico, picking through my softy blocks that we had scattered all over the floor. 

Nico held a piece out to me, not able to say anything because of his pacifier. He had put it in almost right after dinner, after we brushed our teeth. I think he felt a bit flustered Preston had shown up and wanted his comfort pacy. I wanted my pacy too, but Jacob told me I had to wait for it to be washed. I was still waiting for it, but I was a good patient boy. 

Taking the piece from Nico with a nod of thanks, I added it to my castle. The walls had been formed with blue and green blocks. I started filling in the center with the purple blocks so I could begin making the roof. I sat crisscross, so I could easily lean over and add stuff without messing anything up. My blocks were everywhere, so it took me a few moments between building in order to find purple pieces. I could feel my sleepiness creeping on me. My blinks began getting longer, and I kept yawning, but I fought it off. I yawned super sneaky quiet because if Jacob heard me, I would have to go to bed. I really wanted to finish my castle first. 

I was so engrossed in making my castle that I didn't realize Nico had began slumping forward. I picked another softy block, ready to begin the roof of my castle. But I didn't see Nico's body going straight into-

"My castle!" I cried, watching the blocks topple forward as Nico crashed into it. His head shot up. I must've startled him because he looked panicked, his eyes watering. My own tears started forming as I looked at my destroyed castle.  All my hard work was on the floor. 

In a fit of anger, I picked up one of the blocks and chucked it at Nico. It bounced of his shoulder, and he made an angry noise. He threw two at me, making me angrier. Why was he mad when it was my castle that was broked?

I threw more at him, and he retaliated. Soon enough, we were chucking whatever we could get our hands on, both crying now. 

Hands landed on my wrists, halting me from throwing my next block. My breath hiccupped through sobs as I looked up at Jacob. 

"Alex, what are you doing?" His asked, his tone stern. I flinched a bit, but continued crying. He let go and crouched in front of me, cupping my cheeks. "Tell me what happened," he urged in a gentler tone.

"Castle broked," I blubbered, "Nino broked it." 

Jacob's thumbs ran over my cheeks, rubbing the tears off. "It's ok baby, I'll help you make another one tomorrow."

"Bud I wan' one nowwww," I wailed. My chest felt full, like I was feeling too much and would explode any second. 

Jacob stood, but before I could reach for him, I was hefted of the floor and tucked into his arms. Glancing over through my tears, I saw that Preston had also appeared, trying to sooth Nico. Somehow, during our fight, he had lost his pacy. They were talking to each other, but I didn't care what they were saying. I just wanted my castle back.

Jacob said something to Preston, to which Preston nodded. I got even more upset. How come Jacob was talking to him and not to me anymore?

Jacob carried me to my bedroom, where he set me onto my bed. When he left the room, I started crying even harder. 

I called out as I began sliding toward the edge of the bed, "Jayycubb."

He came back before I could get off the bed, my pacy in hand. He hooked his hands under my arms and moved me back onto the middle of the bed. "I'm right here," he murmured, kissing my forehead. I relaxed some, accepting the pacy he held to my lips in offering.

Instantly, a calming sensation ran over me. I forgot why I had been so upset in the first place. But my Jay couldn't leave again. I reached out and grabbed his shirt, holding the bottom. He didn't stay anything about it, so I gripped it tighter. He reached down and covered my hand with his, soothing me further. 

Without making me let him go, he reached over to the end table, where I kept my wipes. 

"Look at my little baby, making his face all messy," he cooed. My face flushed at his tone, my body leaning toward him on its own. He gently dabbed at my face with baby wipes, taking away my tears. The cool wipes felt so good on the hot skin. 

He softly kissed the corners of my eyes afterward. "All better baby?" He asked, his eyes searching mine. I sniffled as I nodded. "Than'yu Jay," I mumbled around my pacy. My eyes felt swollen and heavy, and I just wanted to close them.

It was bleary after that. Every time I blinked, it was like time was missing. Once second, I was sitting up hold Jay. Then I laying down, somehow tucked under my blankets, Jay's shirt taken from my grasp, but I was too sleepy to do anything about it. Without opening my eyes, I patted around my bed, and found my panda right next to me. I wrapped my arms around it and snuggled in, ready to sleep. 

Just as I was dozing off, I felt my bed dip, and peeled my eyes open to see Nico climbing in, pacy back in his mouth, looking very shy and just as sleepy as me. I smiled sleepily, lifting my blanket so he could slip in next to me. He did, crawling under my covers and curling up right next to me.  I pushed my panda behind me so I could wrap my arms around Nico instead. 

He was soft and warm, perfect cuddle buddle. I nestled closer, smiling more when I felt his arms wrap around me in return. 

Best sleep over ever.

~