𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐕𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐁𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐬

𝑶𝒏 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒂 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅'𝒔 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆, 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒈 𝑾𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒔𝒆𝒆𝒔 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒇𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈. 𝑵𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒃𝒚, 𝒂 𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒕 𝒍𝒖𝒓𝒌𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒉𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒂 𝒈𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒏𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒍𝒂𝒃.

~Y/N's P.O.V~

The fall breeze hits my face, alarming me. Walking on the highway, I feel myself getting closer to where I am moving. Hawkins, Indiana.

People went by, gave me weird looks and glares, and all were not so good. I adjust my dark red bandanna on my left wrist and hold onto my backpack for a better grip. I walk into the central part of town, where small shops and stores are packed together.

I looked around for a general store; Melvald's General Store was the first I could find. I walk inside, the bell chiming in my ears. I see a woman named Joyce working in the store.

I grab some items I need for my daily routine: makeup, snacks, a town map, and school supplies. I walk up to the cash register and place everything on the counter as Joyce rings it all up.

"Are you new into town, sweetie?" I smile slightly at her and nod my head. "Yeah, I am. Do you know of any good hotels to stay at?"

She grabs a piece of paper and pen to write down the location for me. I also see Joyce jot down another thing as well. She hands me the paper as I look at it.

"Hawkins Hotel & Inn is pretty close to here. And I also wrote down my number if you need anything."

I smile and look at the paper as the address and number are there. "I'm Y/N. Thank you for helping me out." I handed the cash to her for the items I bought.

"Have a good day, Y/N!" I wave bye as I exit the store with my items in hand. I look at the piece of paper for the address and walk to where I think it is, with the help of the map. A few minutes later, I arrived and walked in. The woman at the front desk with curly hair greets me, and I give a fake smile.

"What can I help you with, darling?"

"I need a room. Just for me." She gets out a book of records and a pen. "How long are you staying, hon?" My mind goes blank as I tap the counter with my fingernails to think. "A week? For now." She nods her head and writes down something. "That will be $90.00, please." I grab out the cash and give her the exact amount.

"Where are you from exactly?" With a quick response, I reply, "Marion. It's about 1 hour away, very nice place." She smiles and nods as she gives me the hotel key. "Welcome to Hawkins."

I look at the number, and it's 7, fancy. I walk in the hallway and see my room number. I unlock my room, revealing a bathroom on the left, a single bed towards the window, and a small corner closet. I set my bag down and took out my clothes and other belongings. I sit on my bed and realize; I must go to the high school too. I grab the map from the table and look at it. I hold a pen and mark the hotel, then the high school.

Perfect. I grab my wallet, shoving it and my hotel key into my pocket. I shut the door behind me and started to walk, breathing in the fall air. I get to the high school around noon. I walk to the office and talk with the woman at the front desk. "May I help you?"

I put my hands in my pocket and replied, "I am new here and need to transfer schools. I was formerly at Harbor View High in Marion." She types something on her computer briefly and looks back up at me. "Do you have an old student ID with you?" I nod, grab it from my wallet, and show it to her.