𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐥𝐞𝐚 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐭

𝑯𝒐𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒔 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒂𝒃 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒆 𝑵𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑱𝒐𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒄𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝑾𝒊𝒍𝒍. 𝒀/𝑵 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒗𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂 𝒎𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒚𝒔 𝒂𝒔𝒌 𝑴𝒓. 𝑪𝒍𝒂𝒓𝒌𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒍 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒅𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏.

~3rd Person P.O.V~

The day after was Will's funeral, Y/N wanted to go to 'pay her respects', but knowing that Will is alive after Eleven found him... it sort of made it awkward. She didn't want to be the odd one out. Familiar faces that Y/N knew would be there, Nancy, Jonathan, Mike, Lucas, and Dustin.

The pastor gives a scripture segment during the service, "'Fear not, for I am with you. Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.'"

During the service, many emotions were shared, some stayed to themselves. Joyce knew deep down that her son wasn't dead. While she spoke with him through the wall, that's when Eleven contacted Will, during the same time.

After the service is done, Joyce sees Y/N curious, but also a small bit glad she was able to see her again. Y/N waved at the mother and she waved back. As everyone was giving Will's family hugs and comfort... Y/N had stayed silent, looking at the crowd who came.

Y/N had the guts to go up to Joyce and start a conversation, even though she may not have been feeling her normal self. "Hey, sweetie. How is Hawkins treating you?"

She smiles and nods her head in response, "Good, good. How have you been lately?"

Joyce gives a neutral look, neither good or bad. Y/N reads her expression and puts a hand on her upper arm, as a sign of comfort. "I wish I could've met Will, I mean, his friends are pretty awesome and he has a great brother too." Joyce smiles at her kind words and pulls Y/N into a hug.

"If you are ever in need of going to a place to talk or anything of the sorts, our house is always available to you, Y/N." Y/N nods at her response as they both pull away from the hug. She waves off to Joyce as Y/N has places to go and more information to seek out.

On the way back to her room at the Inn, she sees the Chief of Police come down the road, Hopper knew that this new girl in town was a mystery. A big question still in the air, if it weren't for Will's disappearance, he would find out more on the girl... and why she showed up in Hawkins.

~Y/N's P.O.V~

Once I got back to my room, I changed into a normal outfit for the day and decided to walk around the town. As I was walking, I felt a tap on my shoulder and it turned out to be Steve Harrington. "Oh, hey there, Steve." "Hi Y/N. What are you doing walking alone?"

I fix my jacket sleeves and keep walking, "Enjoying the weather? Why, is there anything wrong with that??"

Steve gets a bit flustered and shakes his head, "No, no! Of course not, why would there be?" I give Steve a questioning look, knowing well that he has way better things to do. "Where's your girlfriend then?"

He stops his walking and shrugs while putting his hands into his jacket pockets. "Maybe I want more friends, I don't know..." I stop at the crosswalk and wait until I think it's good to go, turning to Steve I reply, "Is Tommy and Carol not enough for you?" He opens his mouth to say something but closes it a few seconds later.

I didn't pay attention to his response, I didn't feel the need to. I start to walk across the street, thinking I was good to go. But in a very quick moment of events, I hear a car honking with screeching brakes and I feel someone grab me with their arms, one placed around my shoulders and the other around my waist.

I feel blood come out of my nose and the fear rising rapidly in my body.

Why didn't my sixth sense tell me?

Steve un-embraces me from the hold with visible fear in my eyes. He notices the blood from my nose and immediately looks concerned and worried. "Y/N, are you okay? I can drive you back to the Inn if you want." I move my bandanna again around my left wrist and ask him an unreasonable question,

"Can we just drive around town, in your car?" He nods his head as we walk to his car, I open the door and get in. Driving around town took my mind off of things, keeping my mind clear in a good way. Once in a while I see Steve glance over and check on me, as the car radio played in the background.

He speaks the first set of words since we left, "Are you sure you're okay, I mean I can always just drop you off at the Inn if you want." I sigh and adjust my hands in my lap. "I'm okay, it's just, some things bring back trauma.."

Steve looks at me confused and fixes his hands on the steering wheel. "What kind of trauma?" I play with the bandanna again and try to give him the best response I can right now, maybe I'll tell him the real truth later. Another flashback occupies my mind...

The girl, Seven, is running in the woods frantically, away from something. With bare feet and a hospital gown, she's pushing through the pain in her feet and the ache of her body. She runs far enough she reaches a highway.

She looks both directions and crosses, a car slams on their brakes in front of the girl. A woman gets out of her car and tries to approach her, "Whoa, kid are you okay?" She reaches out in a comforting manner, but this drives away the confused kid.

The woman stops and gives her a good look, "No one can hurt you, I won't hurt you. I promise." The girl slowly walks up to the woman and gives a nod. The woman gives a reassuring smile, "I'm Becky, what's your name?"

She looks down at the floor before answering Becky. "Seven.. I mean, Y/N. I need help." She begins to have tears go down her face as Becky embraces her in a hug. "You're safe, it'll be okay."

Y/N doesn't realize a small bit of blood is coming out of her nose and Steve has been trying to get her attention for the past few minutes. "Y/N, you blanked out for a bit, and why is there more blood out of your nose?"

I wipe it away with my bandanna and look at him, "It's nothing really, it happens when I remember traumatic events." Steve gives me a look to continue and I nod my head in response.

"I didn't have a good childhood, missing mom, unloving dad, and it haunts me forever." He gives a small sympathetic look before he lets me continue again. "A woman, she found me running away from home and... took me in." I let a tiny tear go down my face as I struggle with this half-lie.

I can't just tell him I'm from a lab... they could bring me back there. I get my evolving thoughts interrupted by Steve's words, "You're here now, right? If you could survive it back then, you can survive in Hawkins, right?"

I small smile comes from my lips and I nod my head. "Yeah. Definitely." Who would've thought the popular boy would help out the weird new girl, huh? "Could you take me back to the Inn, Steve?"

He nods his head and take the nearest turn closest to go back to the Inn. For the rest of the ride, silence stands between us. I, myself, thinking of Steve's words..

"You're here now, right? If you could survive it back then, you can survive in Hawkins, right?"

He parks in one of the parking spots at the Inn and shifts the gear. I fix my jacket and unbuckle the seatbelt, "Steve. Thank you for helping me today. It cleared my head." I open the car door and I see that he also does the same. I look at him and he responds back, "No problem, see you at school."

I wave to him and walk inside to my room, I unlock the door and lay on the bed, wondering about the crazy day I had, and how I can help Eleven.