𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞: 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐌𝐀𝐗

(A/N: Hello y'all! Please please vote for these chapters so I can keep posting them! It really motivates me for my passion of this story!)

𝑨𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒑𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝑯𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒏, 𝒂 𝒉𝒊𝒈𝒉-𝒔𝒄𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒓𝒊𝒗𝒂𝒍 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒖𝒑 𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒄𝒂𝒅𝒆, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂 𝒔𝒌𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒍 𝑯𝒐𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒔 𝒂 𝒇𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒑𝒖𝒎𝒑𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒔.

~Y/N's P.O.V~

May 11th, 1984

It's been a few months since I found my new home. As I'm sitting in the living room, waiting for Hopper to come home from work, I walk into my room.

The pictures on my small board are neat and organized. The one with Barb and I. One with Nancy and I. A view of the Hawkins sunset. Then the one with Steve and I.

Him and I have been very great friends since our encounter with the Demogorgon. I think I have this emotion towards him that I can't explain. Since I haven't been in society enough to know what it is, it's new to me.

I hear the secret knock, and El unlocks all of the locks. Hopper comes in, and I finish preparing our dinner for the night. Though microwaved food is what we got, it's still pretty good.

The three of us sit down and Hop smiles at me. "How was your day, Y/N?" I take the foil off the meal and grab a fork.

"It was good. But I have something to ask you." He raises a brow and pays more attention to what I'll say.

I sigh and say, "I'm feeling an emotion I have never felt before. Towards one of my friends. It's where I care about them; I want to be around them a lot and feel bonded and connected."

I eat a portion of my food and then continue, "It's like one of those cheesy shows where the girl is flattered by this guy, but what's that feeling?"

"Love."

"L-love?" Hopper eats another bite and explains to me, "Love is where you feel like you have an undeniable bond and emotion with a person. It can be family or even a romantic interest."

I furrow my brows together and sit up more in my seat. "Romantic? What's that?" "That's the most common type of love. Where you want to be with them and share your happiness. You do romantic things too. Go on dates, hold hands, kiss." Hopper says.

"Is what we have a family bond?" A prominent smile forms across our faces, and Hopper nods. "Yeah. We're a family, and we will always be with each other. Supporting each other."

As we take a few bites of our food, I ask another question. "What about my other parents? Who made me?" Hopper sighs and finishes the rest of his food. "Family is something you choose. And you have a lot of supporting people here. Your friends, the kids, El. Joyce and I were all here for you."

I smile and drink some of the water out of my glass. "Thank you, Hop." "Of course, kid." We eat the rest of our dinner, and he asks me. "Is it Steve?"

I feel my cheeks flush pink, and I half smile. "Y-yes. But he has Nancy; it's okay, Hop." I sigh.

October 30th, 1984, Tuesday

Today was another day of high school, and I think this would be my year. My year for high school, my year for living my best life, and hopefully, no issues. As I walk into the school, I hear a loud car come into the parking lot, and it looks like it has California license plates; please don't tell me it's a new kid...