𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫

𝑨 𝒇𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒄 𝑱𝒐𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝑵𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒚 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒗𝒆'𝒔 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒓, 𝒕𝒐𝒐. 𝑯𝒐𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑱𝒐𝒚𝒄𝒆 𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒉 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒂𝒃'𝒔 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔.

~Y/N's P.O.V~

If today wasn't the weekend I would've not gone to school. As I wake up I immediately hear the phone ring, I walk up to answer it, rubbing my eyes in the process. "Hello?" "Hi Y/N, it's Nancy." I feel more awake as she says this. "Nancy, how did you get my number?"

I pull out the chair and sit on it, playing with the phone cord around my fingers. "I found a note, but Jonathan and I need some help buying things at the Hunting and Camping store, think you could meet us there in 10 minutes?" I small smile forms on my face and I nod my head, "Yeah, sure. I'll see you guys in 10."

I hang up the phone and get ready for the day. Putting on the casual outfit, but giving it more of a badass flare this time. I fix my bandanna and grab my wallet, walking out of my room and into the main part of town.

I remember this was about the area Steve had talked to me yesterday, interesting. After a few more minutes of walking, I meet up with them and wave. I wonder how those two became friends so quick?

We all walk into the store, Jonathan going a separate way and I joined Nancy as she grabbed a shopping basket. We both walk down the aisle with tools and compare mallet sizes and weights. Nancy picks up one with a light wooden handle and I found one that was darker, and seemed more fit.

"So Nancy, what's all of this for?"

She grabs the mallet out of my hand and puts it in the basket. "If I told you, I don't think you'd believe me." I shrug as we both walk towards the bear traps. "I'd believe you in any situation, Nancy."

Giving me a smile I grab one of the traps and we find the last things we need. I also had a gut feeling what they were encountering was unusual, I mean why would they do this for 'fun'? We meet up with Jonathan and go up to the counter to pay, I put up the trap as Nancy takes everything out of the basket.

"And I'll have four boxes of the .38s." The gentleman at the counter gives Jonathan a weird look as he grabs the boxes and looks at our stuff. "What you kids doin' with all this?" I give Jonathan a look as Nancy gives the best answer.

"Monster hunting."

He rings us up and puts all of the small items in a box for us to carry. Jonathan pays for it and I carry the box as we walk to his car. "'Monster hunting?'" Jonathan laughs at Nancy's response and I give out a small laugh.

"You know, last week... I was shopping for a new top I thought Steve might like. It took me and Barb all weekend. It seemed like life or death, you know? And... and now-" "You're shopping for bear traps with Jonathan Byers and Y/N L/N."

I laugh at Jonathan's comment and put the box in the trunk. Nancy responds to his comment, "Yeah." He shuts the trunk and I fold my arms, feeling a small sting in my neck, like someone is approaching.

"What's the weirdest part? Me or the bear trap?" Nancy looks at him, answering his question, "You. It's definitely you." I see a car honk at us, turning around the guy in passenger seat says something, "Hey, Nance! Can't wait to see your movie."

We all look confused as Nancy turns around, Jonathan asking, "What the hell was that?" I point to where the car is going and nudge Nancy, she says, "I don't know." I start to run towards the cinema and Nancy follows me.

"What? What? Hey! Where are you guys going?"

I lead the way and Jonathan trails behind, "Nancy, Y/N, wait!" I stop at the sidewalk before crossing causing Nancy to go ahead of me. I go onto the street with Jonathan trying to see what was wrong.

"Nancy!" We all see in big red letters, 'All the Right Moves starring Nancy the Slut Wheeler' what the hell. Nancy is in shock and I look towards the alleyway and hear a conversation and some rustling sound. I walk towards the alley and I was right, Steve and his friends are doing graffiti on the side of the building.

Nancy trails behind me, super pissed off as Carol antagonizes her, "Aw, hey there, princess!" Tommy butts in as well, not helping. "Uh-oh! She looks upset."

Nancy slaps Steve in the face and his friends 'ooooo' behind him. Steve flashes a look of sadness to me and I give him a death glare. "What is wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you? I was worried about you. I can't believe that I was actually worried about you." He scoffs and sort of turns away, being a dick. Nancy is confused on what his deal is, "What are you talking about?"

Hearing Tommy and Carol talk nothing but shit on Nancy makes me want to shock them. "I wouldn't lie if I were you. You don't want to be known as the lying slut now, do you?"

Jonathan walks up to us, causing Tommy to stop using the spray paint. "Speak of the devil. Hi." Nancy figures out their dumb tactics and tries to help herself, "You came by last night?" "Ding! Ding! Ding! Does she get a prize?" I slightly shock Carol in the hand, thinking it was just 'static' when Tommy put his arm around her.

"Look, I don't know what you think you saw, but it wasn't like that." "What, just let him into your room to... study?" Steve asks.

Tommy adds, "Or for another pervy photo session?" He laughs and I need to control my anger. Keep calm. Breathe.

Nancy keeps trying to defend herself. "We were just-" "You were just what? Finish that sentence. Finish the sentence." Nancy takes a few deep breaths and Steve scoffs, "Go to hell, Nancy."

Jonathan tries to reassure Nancy and leave this conversation. "Come on, Nancy, let's just leave." "You know what, Byers? I'm actually kind of impressed I always took you for a queer, but I guess you're just a little screw-up like your father. Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Yeah, that house is full of screw-ups. You know, I guess I shouldn't really be surprised. A bunch of screw-ups in your family. I mean, your mom-"

"-Jonathan, leave it." Nancy says. I feel my anger boil and almost burst out of me. "I'm not even surprised what happened to your brother. I'm sorry I have to be the one to tell you-"

I yell, "Shut the fuck up Steve!" But he keeps going on. "But the Byers, their family, it's a disgrace to the entire-" Jonathan finally punches Steve and I smile. They fight each other and I glare heavily at Tommy.

I've had enough of this bullshit. I walk over to Tommy and punch him in the mouth. He stumbles back and Carol tries to push me, but I push her to the ground.

Tommy punches me in the mouth and I clench my jaw. I feel blood down my nose and my breathing is heavy. The faint sounds of police sirens are in the distance.

Run.

I sprint away from them and look back to see the cops taking care of the situation. I turn right out of the alleyway to find somewhere to hide.

I can't get in trouble with the law. It's too risky. There are a set of 3 dumpsters to my right and I hide behind them.

I hear some footsteps run out of the alleyway and I wait for the area to be safe. I close my eyes and try to sense anyone. I awaken in the void to see nothing.

Good.

I get out of the void and walk out of the dumpsters, then feel something in my throat. I spit out blood and feel my lip. My lip is busted. Damnit.

I need to think of a place to go, maybe Mike is home. I start to speed walk to his house, the only place I can go.

After about 15 minutes of walking, I see his house in the distance, and that Mike, Dustin and Eleven were coming back. I run up to catch up with them and wave. "Hi, guys. Are we good?" They all nod their heads and Mike opens the door.

"Mike, can we talk?" He nods his head as Eleven goes into the bathroom and Dustin looks a bit sad. "Dustin, you too bud."

His mood enlightens as they sit on the couch, and I stand in front of them. "It's important, trust me." I untie the bandanna from my wrist, revealing to them something that will change everything.