𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐲𝐰𝐨𝐠

𝑫𝒖𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏 𝒂𝒅𝒐𝒑𝒕𝒔 𝒂 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒑𝒆𝒕, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑬𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒈𝒓𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒍𝒚 𝒊𝒎𝒑𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕. 𝒀/𝑵 𝒂𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒔 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒂 𝒕𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆. 𝑨 𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒍-𝒎𝒆𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑩𝒐𝒃 𝒖𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒔 𝑾𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒖𝒑 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒔.

~Y/N's P.O.V~

*timeskip to the next morning*

I was in a deep sleep from last night. I feel a hand on my shoulder and open my eyes to see Steve waking me up. "We both have school. There's breakfast downstairs whenever you're ready." I get off the bed and go into the bathroom and fix my hair with my fingers. I use some of my hygiene products I put in my school backpack, because I was always prepared.

I look at the time and realize we have 35 minutes until first period. I go downstairs and see Steve made eggs and toast. I see my plate sitting on the table and sit down in front of it and start eating.

Steve sits in front of me and I half smile. "This is so good Steve, you really didn't have to make breakfast for me." "It's my treat Y/N, don't worry about it." We both smile at each other and I finish my food.

I clean my plate and put away the dishes and I look over at his house phone. I go over to the phone and dial the number for the cabin. It rings two times before Hopper picks up, "Hey Y/N." "Hi dad, I'm just letting you know I'm going to school and will be home as soon as I can."

"Thank you for letting me know, don't have too much fun at school."

I chuckle and say bye to Hopper, "Bye Hop." "Bye Y/N." I hang up the phone and see that Steve is waiting by the front door for me I'm assuming. "You ready?" I nod my head yes as we walk out to his car and get in.

"How are you feeling, Steve?" He nods his head and gives me a smile. "A bit better, but I don't want Nancy to approach me today." I sigh and cross my arms, "Just be ready for it, and be honest of course. Heck, she might ask me what happened last night.."

Steve nods his head as we drive to the high school. "What are you doing Saturday?" I look over at him and think about his question. "Nothing. Just doing my boring thing I guess." He smiles and looks over.

"I was thinking maybe we could do something. Go out to music stores, go bowling, or just something pretty cool and we could have a good time, ya know? And you're not boring Y/N, far from it." I blush and cross my legs while I'm in the car seat. "That sounds wonderful." Once he pulls up to his spot I get out of his car.

"I'll see you in 6th period, okay?" He gets out with me as I walk inside. "I think that's the only class I'm looking forward to today."

"Oh really now?" We go our separate ways and go through our first two classes. After 2nd period ends, I see someone run up to me. "Hey, Y/N!" I turn around to see Nancy, a bit frantic and exhausted from running.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" I say. She shakes her head as I feel a bit more concerned. "Do you know what happened last night?" I put my books away in my locker and shut it.

I sigh and put my hands in my jacket. I tell her, "Well, you got super wasted, and Jonathan and I were pretty concerned. I suggest talking to Steve whenever you can." Nancy's face gives a sign of relief, but more confusion.

"Steve didn't pick me up this morning, I was late today." I hold my books tighter and try to stay calm, "It's because I think he had stuff happen to him as well. Please talk to Steve whenever you can, then if you need more answers, you can talk to me."