𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐚 𝐓𝐞𝐬𝐭

𝑨 𝒄𝒐𝒅𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒂𝒏𝒈 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒕𝒐𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒂 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒍𝒚 𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒓 𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒍. 𝑲𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒏 𝒖𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒔 𝑵𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒅𝒊𝒈𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑹𝒐𝒃𝒊𝒏 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒂 𝒖𝒔𝒆𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒎𝒂𝒑.

~Y/N's P.O.V~

That night was rough for the three of us. After the ambulance left, we got questioned by Officer Callahan and were sent home shortly after. Jonathan drove me home and I thanked him for the ride. The door was unlocked and I walk in to immediately go into my room.

I lay on my bed and look at the bracelets I finished for Steve and I. The one I made for myself catches my eye and I slide it on, next to my bandanna.

I go into the bathroom and look at the harsh scrape on my eyebrow. I clean and disinfect the wound and put a bandaid over it.

*timeskip to the next morning*

The sound of a phone ringing alarms me, jolting awake, I go up and answer it. "Hello?" "Y/N, are you awake?" I groan and sigh. "No shit Mike, you woke me up." He sighs but keeps going. "I couldn't reach you with your walkie, but something bad happened. We all could be in serious danger."

I almost drop the phone, but regain myself. "I'm on my way." I reply. I hang up the phone, change into a clean outfit, while quickly packing my essentials in my bag. I rushed onto my bike and pedaled like the world depended on it. The journey to the Wheeler's was a blur.

Knocking on the basement door frantically, Will opens it up and I see Mike, Lucas, Max and El all waiting for me. I take a seat on the floor and Will starts the conversation. "I didn't think it was anything at first. I mean, I think I just didn't want to believe it. The first time I felt it was at Day of the Dead."

Looking at Will, I reply, "I felt it too. I thought it was random, but the power went out that night as well." The kids look at me like I could've contributed earlier. "I've been busy, okay?" Will brushes it off and keeps going. "And then I felt it again at the field near the Nelson farm the next day. Then again yesterday outside Castle Byers."

"What does it feel like?" Max asks. Will gets stuck in his thought before continuing. "It's almost like... you know when you drop on a roller coaster?" Mike and Max answer yes as El answers no. "It's like... everything inside your body is just sinking all at once, but... this is worse. Your body... it goes cold and- you can't breathe... I've felt it before, whenever he was close."

Max shakes her head and I get stuck in my thoughts. Why couldn't I sense the Mind Flayer miles away? Maybe he's good at hiding... Will might have powers like me but for the Mind Flayer only... that's why he had more of a hunch than me.

"Whenever who was close?" "The Mind Flayer." El gives a confused look, stating, "I closed the gate." Will gives his new possible idea on what happened. "I know, but... what if he never left? What if we locked him out here with us?"

El gives Will a very concerned look, before he gets up and grabs a piece of paper and charcoal. We all meet around the table as he slams the paper down and starts drawing. "This is him. All of him. But, that day on the field, a part of him attached itself to me."

He draws the Mind Flayer and smears his hand, revealing the charcoal transferring to his skin. "My mom got it out of me... and Eleven closed the gate. But the part that was still in me, what if it's still in our world?" Will flips the paper over and presses his hand on the paper.

"In Hawkins." "I don't understand. The demodogs died when El closed the gate. If the brain dies, the body dies." Max states. Mike has the best answer for this. "We can't take any chances. We need to assume the worst. The Mind Flayer's back."