𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫

𝑨𝒏 𝒖𝒏𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆𝒍𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒑𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒂 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒍𝒚 𝒅𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒐𝒑𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒑𝒖𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑯𝒂𝒘𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒔 𝑳𝒂𝒃 𝒐𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒄𝒌𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏, 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑾𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒍 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆.

~Y/N's P.O.V~

We began to walk back to Steve's car, Dustin and Lucas kept arguing about Dart. "You're positive that was Dart?" Dustin nods his head. "Yes. He had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt." Max chimes in.

"He was tiny two days ago."

"Well, he's molted three times already." Steve furrows his brows. "Malted?" "Molted. Shed his skin to make room for growth like hornworms." Dustin corrects.

I sigh and ask, "Do we know when he will molt again?" "It's gonna be soon. When he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it. And so will his friends." Steve adds, "Yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats." Lucas stops and puts a hand on Dustin's shoulder.

"Wait, a cat? Dart ate a cat?" Dustin tries to act like he doesn't know. "No, what? No." "What are you talking about? He ate Mews." Steve says. I laugh at his comment as Dustin freaks out. "Mews? Who's Mews?" Max inquires.

I sigh and reply, "It's Dustin's cat." "Y/N!" Dustin is upset because he got caught in a lie. "I knew it! You kept him!" Lucas says. "No! No. No, I... No, I... He missed me. He wanted to come home." I slightly laugh at Dustin's reasoning.

"Bullshit!" Lucas exclaims. "I didn't know he was a Demogorgan, okay?" "Oh, so now you admit it?" Max is more reasonable on the matter. "Guys, who cares? We have to go." "I care! You put the party in jeopardy! You broke the rule of law!"

Their conversation keeps getting problematic and they're not toning it down. "So did you!" "What?" Dustin points the flashlight in Max's face. "You told a stranger the truth?" "A stranger?" Max scoffs. "You wanted to tell her too!" Lucas yells.

I feel a ache around my head and I turn away from the conversation. I see Steve looks at me, like I know I sense something. I whisper, "I can sense something... but I don't know what it is." We zone out the kids' conversation and Steve points his flashlight in the direction of where we think the small sound was heard from.

We both walk forward to see if we could see anything else ahead. "Hey guys?" Steve says. I look back at the kids and yell, "Hey!" The three look at us as we all hear another set of screeching.

Steve and I look at each other before we go more towards the noise. I hear the boys follow us, but Max is staying behind and confused. "No, no, no. Hey, guys, why are you headed towards the sound? Hello? Hello? Shit."

I look back to see Max catch up with us as we keep walking, a clearing from all of the trees opens up and we get to see a good look over Hawkins. "I don't see him." Dustin says. Lucas uses his binoculars to see where it's coming from.

"It's the lab. They were going back home." Those words almost made me faint. "W-wait. Like Hawkins Lab??" Lucas nods his head as I pace around. Steve, Dustin and Lucas knew it wasn't a good thing for me.

I haven't been back there since I escaped, Steve holds my hand knowing that the trauma is still prominent from there. "Y/N, I know you don't feel good about that place, but I'll be right next to your side the whole time, okay?"

I nod my head as I look at the three kids. "You guys ready?" They nod their heads as we turn back and start to walk towards the lab.

*timeskip to when the five are almost there*