𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐝𝐨 𝐨𝐧 𝐌𝐚𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭

𝑳𝒖𝒄𝒂𝒔, 𝑴𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑫𝒖𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒓𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒌 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒐𝒅𝒔. 𝒀/𝑵 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒂 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅. 𝑯𝒐𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒓 𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒙𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔 𝑱𝒐𝒚𝒄𝒆 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒂𝒏 𝒖𝒏𝒔𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒑𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍.

~Y/N's P.O.V~

I see she escaped, but I can't tell them about the situation yet. It's too dangerous. "Mike, you have to help her... I would, but I can't right now." Mike nods his head, and Lucas looks toward me. "Where would we take her?" Mike interferes with, "My place, sneak her in the basement."

I nod my head and wave off to the boys. Dustin calls out before I am out of his sight. "Hey, Y/N!" I turn my head to the 4 of them. "We'll try to keep in touch. You guys go to Hawkins Middle?" They nod their heads as Lucas replies, "AV Club! Find us there!"

I wave to them and quickly return to my hotel room. After practically sprinting for 10 minutes, I unlock the door and fall onto the bed out of exhaustion. My clothes were soaked from the rain, and I had just made friends with three middle school boys.

*time skip to the following day. 7:30 AM*

Unfortunately, school had to be the next day, and I felt empty and exhausted. I change out of my partially wet clothes to get into more dry ones and grab my belongings to head to the high school.

Barb met me again by the entrance as we waited for Nancy to arrive. Barb was so friendly and cheerful and always had a good mindset. Nancy walks to us and pulls out some note cards for Barb and me to hold.

What's nice about being the new kid is that I don't have to take this Chemistry test. I, apparently, 'joined too late to be tested on the curriculum' that they were learning.

I read the following question on the note card for Nancy, "' When alpha particles go through gold foil, they become...'" I flip the card over for Nancy to answer in time. "Unoccupied space."

"A molecule that can-" Before Barb could finish reading the question, Steve takes away the note cards as Tommy and Carol pass by, being the grade-A assholes they are. "Hey!"

"I don't know, I think you've studied enough, Nance." Oh gosh, this is so dumb. "Steve-" "I'm telling you, you know, you got this. Don't worry. Now, on to more important matters. My dad has left town on a conference and my mom's gone with him, 'cause, you know, she doesn't trust him."

Tommy, of course, had to put his opinion on the matter. "Good call." "So, are you in?" Unfortunately, I don't even want to be a part of what Golden Boy has to say. "In for what?" Nancy responds. Carol mentions, "No parents? Big house?"

"A party?" The three of them laugh at the obliviousness Nancy shows. "Ding, ding, ding!" "It's Tuesday." I look at Barb as she feels the same as I do. This 'party' doesn't sound so good. Tommy had to bring it a step forward, mocking Nancy.

"It's Tuesday! Oh, my God." "Come on. It'll be low-key. It'll just be us. Even your new friend can come along?" I roll my eyes at Steve and stand closer to Nancy. "People have names, you airhead."

Steve completely ignores my comment and focuses back on Nancy. "What do you say? Are you in or are you out?" Carol's high-pitched voice makes all of us turn toward the bulletin board. "Oh, God. Look."

I see a guy our age hang up a missing person poster. It looks like it's for Will Byers... the name Mike, Dustin, and Lucas were calling out for yesterday. I walk over there and hear comments from Tommy and Carol behind me.