𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐝𝐲

𝑹𝒆𝒇𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆 𝑾𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒊𝒔 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒅, 𝑱𝒐𝒚𝒄𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒐𝒏. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒚𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒀/𝑵 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝑬𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒂 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓. 𝑵𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑱𝒐𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒎 𝒂𝒏 𝒖𝒏𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆𝒍𝒚 𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆.

~3rd Person P.O.V~

Y/N is sitting outside by the school and on one of the benches. Last night, the whole town heard of the death of Will Byers. She felt a bit sadder than everyone else, especially for Jonathan. She decided to skip classes for the day as a last-minute decision and walk back to the Inn. While walking through the neighborhood, Y/N sees Dustin and calls after him.

"Dustin! Hey!"

He stops his bike and waves over at Y/N. She runs up to him and crosses her arms. "Where are you going?" Dustin replies with, "To Mike's, you missed a lot, wanna come?" She nods her head yes and Dustin gets off of his bike to walk with Y/N.

The boys figured out her name is Eleven, El for short, and that Will is alive because she found him somehow. After minutes of talking and walking, they arrive and Mike lets them into the basement.

They all sit in a circle, ranging from El in her temporary bed, Mike to the right of her, Lucas to the right of Mike, Dustin the right of Lucas, and Y/N sitting between Dustin and Eleven. "We keep losing signal, but you heard it, right?" Mike pleads with the group. Lucas replies, "Yeah, I heard a baby."

"I thought it was whining." Y/N chimes in her opinion as Mike questions Lucas's answer. "What?"

"Mike, you obviously tapped into a baby monitor. It's probably the Blackburns' next door." Mike tries to keep expressing his point, "Uh, did that sound like a baby to you? Y/N thought it was whining, but not a baby. That was Will!"

"Mike..."

"Lucas, you don't understand. He spoke last night. Words! He was singing that weird song he loves. Even El heard him!" Lucas and Dustin are still not sure what to think right now, Lucas isn't certain about all of it.

"Oh, well, if the weirdo heard him, then I guess-" Before Lucas can finish his words, Dustin speaks up for the first time for the situation. "Are you sure you're on the right channel?" Y/N also chimes in as well, "Maybe we try again?"

"I don't think it's about that. I think, somehow, she's channeling him." Mike's statement gives Lucas a more confused look, Y/N a happier thought, and for Dustin a better understanding. "Like... like Professor X."

Mike agrees to Dustin comment and Y/N nods her head. "Are you actually believing this crap?" Y/N slightly nods her head as Dustin has a better outlook to it. "I don't know, I mean... Do you remember when Will fell off his bike and broke his finger? He sounded a lot like that."

"Like whining, as I said earlier." Y/N crosses her arms and everyone looks back at Lucas. "Did you guys not see what I saw? They pulled Will's body out of the water. He's dead!" Dustin tries a different perspective about Will.

"Well, maybe it's his ghost. Maybe he's haunting us." Mike replies, "It's not his ghost." "What if it's a fake body?" The three turn their heads to the girl and she shrugs her shoulders. "So how do you know that?"

Y/N looks over at Eleven and gives her a sympathetic, but reassuring smile. She smiles back as Mike and Lucas go back and forth. "I just do!" "Then what was in that water? That, 'fake body'?"

"I don't know! All I know is Will is alive. Will is alive! He's out there somewhere. All we have to do is find him."

Y/N fixes her legs and looks at the boys, "We don't know until we try, right? And there is nothing to lose with trying again." This caused the boys to look at her, taking it into consideration. El keeps messing with Mike's radio trying to find a signal again.