𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝

𝑺𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒔 𝒍𝒖𝒓𝒌 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒂𝒏 𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒇𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒅𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒃𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕 𝑴𝒂𝒍𝒍. 𝑴𝒆𝒂𝒏𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒆, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑴𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝑭𝒍𝒂𝒚𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒔 𝒈𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒈𝒕𝒉.

~3rd Person P.O.V~

The next morning the kids round up in the basement, planning their next move. Will and Max had helped Y/N wrap her wrist as best as possible. It was like what happened last year, but a lot worse. She had no time to see a doctor since the fate of the world was at risk. They wanted to find Hopper, but he is now is Illinois, with Joyce.

Y/N ended up napping on a makeshift bed on the floor, due to not getting enough sleep last night and because she needed rest if she wanted her wrist to heal in the slightest.

After El takes off the blindfold, the girls go into the bathroom while the boys talk in the basement. Y/N wakes up with blood from her nose and a loud knock. "Mike, open the door." Y/N stands up immediately to see her two friends Nancy and Jonathan at the door.

Y/N knew why they were both here. Mrs. Driscoll, something must've happened to her last night the same night of the sauna test. She lets them both downstairs and Nancy begins to explain what happened to her last night.

"It was the same thing, the exact same thing that happened to Will last year. And look at this. Look at the body temperatures." Nancy puts the papers on the table as Will points out, "He likes it cold."

Y/N sits on the floor and sighs, "Maybe that's why Driscoll tackled me, cause she knows I have powers like El. Nance, what time did Mrs. Driscoll freak out?" Nancy replies with, "Last night. Around 9:00."

Jonathan sort of freaked because of Nancy's words. "You waited all night to call?" he says. "I was waiting for the doctors to run some tests." Will was not happy because of Jonathan's support. "You weren't there?"

He throws his hands in the air and replies, "Well, I'm here now, aren't I?" "Hallelujah! Um, so wha- what time was your... sauna test?" All the kids say, "Around 9:00." Y/N feels the light bulb go off in Nancy's head and hers as well.

"Well, that proves it. That proves my theory." Mike says, "She's flayed, just like Billy." The term was unfamiliar with the two teenagers. "Flayed?" Jonathan asks. "I knew she was... The Mind Flayer flays people. Makes them very brain dead and takes over their minds. I may have encountered more flayed yesterday..."

The kids look at Y/N worriedly as Mike continues with, "Once they do that, they basically become him." Lucas asks, "Y/N, how many other flayed people did you see?" She shrugs and crosses her arms. "About 7 or 9. Heck if this is like a virus that can spread easy then most likely dozens."

"Heather. Billy was doing something to her. She was scared. She was screaming. Bad screams." El says.

Lucas asks, "What's a good scream?" Max interrupts with, "Doesn't matter." "I'm sorry, I'm lost. Who is Heather?" Nancy asks. Y/N looks at Nancy with more concern. "She's my coworker at the pool with me." she replies.

"Heather Holloway?" Jonathan and Nancy look at each other and say one name. "Tom." We all set to go out to the Holloway residence to see if any of them were there. Nancy and Jonathan were in the front, El, Max, and Y/N in the middle and all of the boys in the very back.

They all get into the car as Nancy says, "Seat belts." The drive was quiet, but quick. They arrive at the address and all get out of the car to walk up to the front door. Nancy rings the doorbell and Y/N instantly goes into the void to sense if anyone is around.