Chapter Eight

"Hurry up Aïda or we'll be late." It was Zoë practically screaming as she briskly walked to the car taxi.
"I'm coming. Anyway, the driver won't leave without us." Aïda retorted.

Finally both of them reached the taxi.

"Aïda I'm sorry for hurrying you but it's New Year's Eve so the roads are full. The party starts at 21:00 so we only have half an hour left."
"I thought we were going to a party at a restaurant on the beach. What are you talking about?" Aïda wanted to know.

Zoë gazed out of the window looking for the right way to lie. She knew that if Aïda found out the truth now she'd be going to the party alone. Attending a grande dinner party with the rich and famous was something she hated. Actually Aïda is not only an introvert but, also shy.

"Come on chomma, it's New Year's Eve, all the restaurants are full tonight so we have to arrive early enough to get a table."
"I thought we had reservations." Aïda countered.
"It is but, this is a really posh place they might give our table to VIP's. We won't even be able to complain because we're not important enough." Zoë lied.
"Whatever I just want this night to be over already."

Zoë couldn't help but laugh at her friend. She's probably the only chef who hates entertaining and socialising.

"Okay Sleeping Beauty your bed will be waiting for you when you get back. Unfortunately it will be devoid of a prince."

Aïda just rolled her eyes at her friend and looked out at the window at the passing cars.

A few minutes later the taxi pulled up in front of a beautiful mansion. Zoë looked over at her friend but, Aïda was too immersed in her phone to notice.

Zoë smiled at the mansion. She'd been looking forward to this moment since that morning outside This Kombuis.

*Start of flashback*

She left Aïda in a hurry hoping to get one more glimpse of the attractive Aden van den Heever.

She saw him standing in the entryway of the restaurant his back turned to her. He seemed to be speaking with someone in the phone.

Zoë briskly walked past him pretending to not notice him. As if. Aden told the person on the other and that he'd get back to them. That's when her second surprise of the day occured.

"Miss Jacobs, may I have a moment? I need ask you something." He knew her surname as well.

"Erm...Yes I have some time." She tried to hide the excitement in her voice.

Aden continued, "I'll get straight to the point. I have a dinner at my house on New Year's Eve. I really would like Tuis Kombuis to have be present but, Burton is still in London and I have an invite for two people."

Aden looked uncertain for a moment.

Zoë was still not sure where this was going but she was enjoying it.

"I would love it if you and Miss Völlenhoven could join me and my friends?"

Zoë looked at him with awe.

"It's time of you had other plans. I'll un-"
"No. It's fine. We'll be there. I'll give you my contact details."
"It's necessary. We have some fb friends in coomon. I'll just send you a request and give you the detail She. If that's okay with you?"
"Yes, no problem."
"See you."
"Bye." Zoë said.

*End of flashback*

Zoë tasked at the beautiful there storey mansion. It had floor to ceiling windows on the first floor. The visible stone was a brilliant white. The second and third storeys had wraparound balconies.