Chapter Thirty Five

The man had packed most of his belongings and in another twenty four hours he would be out of South Africa forever, with the woman he loved. He went to her room to give her the good news.

He knocked three times before heeding her command to enter.

"Goodmorning, my love," he greeted walking closer to her.

"Goodmorning," Aïda responded.
"I'm sorry my love for keeping you locked up in here, but from now on you'll be free."
"Free?" Aïda could not belief her ears.

He motioned for her to take a seat on the bed, she reluctantly did.

"Yes, I have removed all the obstacles out of our way. No-one will look for you again."
"What do you mean?" Aïda whispered.

What did he do? Aïda wondered. She hoped that he did not do anything to Aden.

"Don't worry, I have not hurt your boyfriend, he's still very much alive, but I don't know for how much longer. He's already lost his entire family to death and now you too."

Aïda got up from the bed, hurriedly.

"Shh! Don't be scared of me, I will never hurt you. I might kill everyone that tries to come between us, but never you."

That was what Aïda feared. At first she tried to openly oppose him, but he soon brought her to her knees.

*Flashback Starts*

Aïda rolled around in bed, her eyelids were heavy and she had a cripling migraine. After a few seconds she finally managed to open her eyes. She immediately set up in bed, wide awake now, but the sudden and quick movement made her feel worse.

Her eyes scanned her surroundings, she was not home, but what was she doing here?

She had an idea, maybe she was in Aden's house.

The door opened and to her surprise it was not Aden standing in the doorway.

A familiar face smiled at her.

"Where's Aden?"

"Aden?"
"Yes," Aïda whispered, her heart beating excellerated.
"Why would you look for him in my house?"

His words words compounded her migraine and confusion.

"I am the one who got you kidnapped and brought here."
"Why?" Aïda uttered, "do you want to kill me?"
"One, I brought you here because I am sick of living without you and, two, I would never purposely hurt you. I wanted you to love me on your own, but you chose Aden. He's the golden boy, isn't he? He is the biggest obstacle between us, so I won't think twice about killing him. Who will mourn him anyway, his whole family is gone."

Aïda was disgusted, in fact, she felt like she was about to throw up.

"I'm sorry for upsetting you," He said looking pained.

"You will be sorry when the police find me and they will. So, release me and we can forget about this."
"The police will never find you, my love."
Aïda recoiled at his words. "I am not your love, get that through your thick skull! You won't get away with this."

He came closer to her and sat at the edge of the bed, that's when Aïda realized that she had on a pair of white silk pyjamas. Her eyes turned big as saucers.

"What did you do to me? I'll kill you!" She leaped to the edge of the bed and on top of him, punching him in the face with her tiny fists. It hurt, but she could not afford to stop. They fell off the bed with Aïda falling on top of him.