Chapter Twenty Seven

"Thinking of me?"

A huge grin spread over Aden's face at the sight of his angel.

"Or maybe you're thinking of the chaos of Suday morning. I would not blame you."
Aden groaned again, "Yeah, I messed up. You should've heard it straight from me. I apologize."
"I understand. Erm, we're not even dating or anything. Just forget it."

Aïda felt like kicking herself for what she just uttered. The look of hurt on Aden's face was very evident but then he pulled himself together.

"Yes, you're right but I should have still told you."
"Hey, it's in the past. Speaking of which, do you think Tiffany will go to prison? I heard she's in a mental institution."

Aden did not answer and from the look he gave her, Aïda knew that he had no desire to talk about that topic.

"I'm sorry I did not mean to pry."
"No. No. You are free to ask me anything but I don't feel like talking about her at the moment. Anyway, I don't see how Tiffany can avoid going to prison. If she just tried to shoot me I would have asked the police to drop the case but, she involved you an innocent boy. She also wanted to kill you. I am struggling to forgive her for that. I honestly hope she rots in prison."

Aden stared into the space above Aïda's head. The vein's in his neck looked like it was about to pop. He looked so hot.

Aïda's lips were suddenly dry so she licked it. That was all it took to get Aden's attention. He had that look again.

Aïda felt uncomfortable but not scared. She just realized that the two of them were alone. The domestic worker had left just when she arrived.

"How rude of me, sit." Aden directed Aïda to four barstools at the kitchen island.

Aïda sat down.

"Can I get you anything to drink? A cappuccino?"
"Yes. A cappuccino would be great thanks." He remembered, she smiled to herself like an idiot.

Aden started making the hot beverage whilst pretending not to notice.

"What would you like to eat? But let me warn you: there's only steak and chicken, brown rice, brocoli, spinach and carrots."
"I'm fine with anything."
"Really? I was going to make brocoli and chicken breast for dinner with rice."
"That sounds great."
Aden suddenly looked unsure, "We could always go somewhere. How about that Korean restaurant in Rondebosch?"

Aïda folded her arms and cocked her raised her right brow. Aden was amused. She looked so cute.

"So Mr London, is Tuis Kombuis a joke to you?"
"Oh! I thought you wanted to keep things between us private. I have no problem going there."
"Are you sure? Because, I remember you insinuating that my food lacked spice."

Aden laughed. He remembered that morning all too well. He only said those words to push Aïda's buttons. He loved to see her all fiery. That had been the case since they had first met each other.

*Flashback Starts*

Aïda liked working at the small retail store in the other side of town. The houses and yards this side of town was better. Crime was also less prevalent. It was almost like being in Suburbia. Most of the people who lived in the area were government workers and retirees. There was barely anyone in the streets during the day (except for students) or at night.

However the reason why Aïda liked working at the store was because of the sense of independence it gave her. It made her feel like a grown woman. She liked that feeling. She worked two days after school, during the working week, and on Saturdays and Sundays. She loved having her own money and being able to help out her single mom. Most of her money went to get mom but she kept her small percentage to buy toiletries and clothes. She lay-buyed most of her clothes because of that. Her clothes were not even branded but she did not care.