Chapter Ten

"Wow! Sandton is even better than I imagined." Zoë exclaimed.
Aïda chuckled, "And you've deduced all this from a hotel room? You are easily impressed."
"Well, chomma I like money and this city is loaded with it so, yes I am easily impressed in that regard." Zoë retorted.
"We have to finish up. Aden's driver will be here in an just over an hour. I don't want to keep him waiting." Aïda stated.
"Yes, you're right he's done so much for us and for free too. The least we can do is to be punctual tonight. That is a lot for our african behinds to handle but there's always a first for everything." Zoë teased.
"Speak for yourself, I'm always punctual."
"You're always early for work and sometimes church but not for anything else."
"Okay you've made your point. Let's get dressed."

Fifteen minutes and both of them were dressed. Aïda had on a red fire engine dress. It was a kneelength high- low dress. The short sleeves were off the shoulder. Around her neck she wore a golden chocker necklace and a pair of golden studded earrings. She paired it with black slingback high heeled sandals. Her make-up was neutral with a pop of bright red listick. She's loves her red lips. Her hair was in a sleek bun. Again. A bun is a coily girls best friend.

Zoë had on a black blazer dress with a deep cleavage parting. A pair of black pointy high heels covered her feet.Her ginger hair was in a low ponytail. Her lips was also drenched in red pigment but, slightly darker then Aïda 's. A gold bangle adorned her right wrist and a good watch was on her left wrist. A pair of golden teardrop earrings and a golden clutch completed her look.

The two of them looked as wealthy as the city they were in. They had to lift up to hype. They were in Sandton City after all, also known as 'the richest square mile in Africa.

"Let's go Aïda." Zoë said excitedly.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

"Aden, early as usual. Welcome buddy." Adriaan greeted his friend.
"Yes. Do you need any help?"
"That's the staff's department. You just enjoy yourself and I hope you've brought your checkbook."
Aden chuckled, "I knew you were only after my money. Some friend you are."
"Tonight money will be the star."
"Yes, you don't have to worry, I love giving to charity. Thanks for agreeing to add the fetal alcoholic charity this year. I know I asked you on short notice-"
Adriaan interrupted,"Dude don't appologize. Never appologize for doing good. I just wish that we could help everyone but, it's not in our capacity to do so."

A waitress came with cocktails and Adriaan took one but, Aden refused.

"You not thirsty yet?"
"You have no idea." Aden muttered under his breath but unfortunately Adriaan heard.
"Then do you want something else to drink? Maybe some red wine?" Adriaan enquired.
"No actually I'll have something later on." Aden responded.
"Of cause your favourite drink has not arrived, as yet."
"Hmm."
"I wonder which will be your top pick tonight,a globetrotting cosmopolitan or something sweet and locally based?"
Aden looked at his friend with a curious expression, "What are you talking about?"

Adriaan couldn't stop himself from laughing. His best friend was private and never talked about his love life but, recently his body language has betrayed him. Most people would not have noticed, but Adriaan knew that Aden felt something for the cute little chef from Tuis Kombuis.

"About the drinks. There's something for everyone's taste. I'm sure you'll find something to quench that love thirst."

Aden's quizzical expression made him want to laugh again, but Adriaan knew that his very private friend would not confirm or deny anything especially, at such an event.

"I have to talk to Khaya. See you later." Aden said, practically running away.
"Okay buddy."

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●