Chapter Fourty

Aden had just came from prison, he had spoken to Tiffany, she had given him a double shock. He went to the beach near his home, before going to Aïda.

He had told Aïda about Tiffany's phone call and that she claimed to have very important information, just after Tiffany called. Aïda had no problem with him going, she told him to go without her as she felt he needed closure.

Aïda had been staying at her father's house since the funeral Aden went there every day during that week.

The relationship between him and all the members of the Matshoba family members was blossoming. He and Sifiso was especially closed, he had already asked the man for his daughter's hand in marriage. He was even prepared to buy cattle, as much as was necessary and even more.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

It was late afternoon at the site for the new or rather second Tuis Kombuis restuarant, Aïda had decided to keep the original one. The second one would be used for receptions. The place was not even finished but it had already been fully booked for the first three months, people were willing to pay big money to get married at her venue. The fact that she was Aden's fiancé had helped too, no doubt. She loved the look of the place and could not wait for it to be operational.

Aïda was busy giving instructions when she got a white of a familiar scent, moments later a pair of strong arms envelopes her from behind. She moaned, wishing they were married already.

"It take it you've missed me too," Aden said.
"No genius, I react like that to every man who can't keep his hands to himself," was her cheecky response.
"I know we shouldn't be so touchy, but I can't wait for the wedding," Aden said.
"Neither can I. Anyway, I hope that you and Tiffany got closure."

Aden stiffened and let to of her. Aïda turned around and faced him. She noticed that his eyes were red. So that was the reason that he could not keep his hands to himself, he wanted to distract her. Aden looked everwhere, but her.

"It's fine if you don't want to tell me, it's your private matters," Aïda said.
Aden's eyes finally found hers. "I can never hide anything from you, my angel, but even I don't know how to deal with these new pieces of information. I feel like my entire existence had been a lie."

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

An hour later the two were sitting in Aïda's office at work. Aïda was left shocked with the information that Aden had just shared with her. Both of them were silence for a couple of minutes with Aïda just looking into his eyes and occasionally the floor.

How could  a parent hurt their children so much? How could she comfort Aden with the right words when she herself was grapling with same question, but she atleast knew that her mother had been no saint, poor Aden had to find out the truth from someone else, long after their death. How could she blame him for wanting to erase the memory of his father from his mind and heart?

Aden began talking again, "He acting like he was such a saint, like he could do nothing wrong.  Be a man of your word, he would preach to us. He hated lies and secrets, well, clearly not when it suited him. We always had to look and be on our best behaviour especially around other people. He said that the family always came first, everything we did had to benefit our family.  He held us all to those same high ideals."

Aïda squeezed his hands.

"Aïda, how can someone be such a hypocrite? The man had a mistress all the time while he was married to my mom and to top of off, they had a child. I suppose I should be happy that he took care of the child," Aden muttered.
"Do you know who this child is?" Aïda asked.

Aden said nothing for a few seconds, which made her regret asking.

"I know him and so do you," Aden answered looking into her questioning dark orbs.