Chapter Twenty Nine

"I'll go check." Adriaan left.

A few minutes later Zoë entered the diningroom. Aïda's eyes lit up.

"Zoë! What a pleasant surprise." Aïda exclaimed.
"So this is where you hang out,huh?" Zoë retorted, "I've been looking for you everywhere, chomma."
"I'm so sorry. How did you know where to find me? Oh gosh! Give me a hug."

The two hugged.

"Come sit next to me." Aïda said and Zoë did just that.

Aden was a little disappointed. That was his seat. Aïda gave him a small apologetic smile. He forgave her.

Adriaan offered his chair to his friend, opposite Aïda. Aden happily took it. Adriaan got another chair and sat next to Aden.

The even was very pleasant with everyone seated around the table eating and chatting. Aden loved it.  He looked at everyone. His mansion seemed like a home for a moment in time. Sadly moments like these reminded him of his deceased family. It was bittersweet.

He returned his gaze to his African princess sitting across from him. She smiled at him and reached across the table to squeeze his hand. Did she know his exact thoughts? She probably did. Her took both of her hands in his and then kissed both of them. Suddenly you could hear a pin drop.

Zoë started coughing like she was being choked. Aïda tore her hands out of his and looked at Zoë.

"Are you okay, Zoë? Do you need anything?" Aïda asked.
"Yes, I need to know what's going on here?"
"Here?" Aïda asked knowing exactly what Zoë meant.
"Oh? So you don't know what I mean?  Random hunks just stare at you all night and kiss your hands all the time, huh?" Zoë said.

No response from Aïda.

"You've seen correct, Zoë. I'm crazy about your friend." Aden said looking as cute as a puppy.
"Yeah, you're crazy inlove with her." Adriaan affirmed.

Zoë looked at a very guilty looking Aïda.

"I'm sorry, I was planning on telling you. I just didn't get the time to and I wasn't even sure what to tell you." Aïda said.
"So, you couldn't tell me that you were the woman that came between Aden and Tiffany. That was not nice of you." Zoë said whilst hitting her fists on the table.

The Cape Flats entered the chat.

"I'm sorry." Aïda whispered.
"Sorry for what, Angel?" Aden enquired," You did not come between Tiffany and I. Listen Zoë and everyone else in this room: Tiffany and I were never a couple."

Confused looks were directed at him from everyonr but Adriaan, who had a smile on his face.

"Your relationship was all over the media." Zoë said rather confused.
"Did I or Tiffany ever tell people that we were a couple? If Tiffany did, I certainly never said anything like that."
"Oh, so now that Tiffany looks really bad on the public eye you decide to shift camps." Zoë accused.
"Zoë, not that it's any of your concern but, Aden is speaking the truth. The only relation he had with that woman was friendship. I wouldn't  even call it that. I think it was mostly pity." Adriaan supported his friend.
"We were friends and I will continue to be a friend to her if that will aid in her recovery. She's going through a rough patch at the moment." Aden said.
"Aden let the professionals help her. Please, just stay away from her before she ruins your life along with hers. Die vrou is stappelgek (The woman is stark raving mad)." Adriaan said.
"He's right, Aden. I don't want her anywhere near the kids." Suzaan said.
"Don't worry, I won't let her anywhere near the kids untill she's better." Aden retorted.
"I don't want her anywhere near them at all. She's unstable." Suzaan repeated.